Tuesday, November 19, 2013

That time I didn't die running

If I'm blogging, you know there is something exciting going on. As we all know life is…well, life.

Last weekend something pretty crazy happened.

Well, two crazy things in fact.

KU won their first big 12 game in three years. 

and….

I ran a 5K.


Ran as in literally didn't stop. Just ran. That last mile I was pretty sure I was going to have a heart attack. 

I coached Girls on the Run this fall and we had our race on Sunday. I ran with one of the girls and I'm pretttttty sure she was carrying the team on that one. I kept asking her, "you okay?" and she looked at me like really, I could go for days you old woman.

How I was smiling over there on the very left…I will never know.

Either way, it was pretty dang awesome to finish and now I'm ready for the next one! Just hopefully not so pokey next time. 

One thing I am pretty pumped about these days is that the weather is actually making me get ready for the Christmas season. I just can't put out or even think about putting Christmas decorations until it's like 30 degrees. Warm and Christmas just don't flow.

Happy almost Hump Day!

7 comments:

Corie said...

One of the girls in my Speech Path program coached Girls on the Run and I always wish I had! I'll look into it next Fall :)

Corie said...

PS- Great job!!

Ashley said...

Go girl! So awesome to cross that finish line, right?!

The Jessa Olson Blog said...

I love that organization. We have that race this weekend here in Phx. Wish I knew before hand to commit to it. Congrats on the win for Kansas. Going to be playing my Cyclones this weekend!!

Sarah said...

GREAT JOB!! It must have felt amazing to cross the finish line.

Kristin said...

How fun! I am hoping to do a Jingle Bell 5k!

Liza said...

Hi Molly! I work at a group home in CT, and one of our boys is finishing up his college search. He was just accepted to KU! I told him "rock chalk" (I only know this from reading your blog) and he looked at me like I was crazy. While we were out the next day we saw a guy with a Jayhawk tattooed on his calf. He thinks it's a sign!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...