Wednesday, September 11, 2013

It's my party, I can bark if I want to


One year ago today this little fur muffin was born. We didn't know her quite yet, but we had talked about her frequently. We just had no idea how much we could really love such a little creature with four legs.



She has made us so entirely happy, it's almost weird to think she's actually a dog. To us, she feels like our little child. And I have got to say, she is definitely a daddy's girl.



The day we brought her home, I suddenly realized the fear that also came with loving something so entirely much. She scares me about a bazillion times a day. Whether it is chasing frogs or snakes, running out the door, or eating things that are definitely not supposed to be eaten.
p.s.... no, I did not let her eat that whole thing ;)
And now I am sitting here and she is howling at me because she sees a toad outside and wants me to let her out so she can chase it and bark at it for days. I just can't help but think how entirely awesome life is with her. Even when she is jumping on my computer while I'm working, eating my stuff, not listening, or some other kind of trouble she is getting into...I still love this furry little girl more than I ever imagined.

Happy 1st Doggy Birthday!

*End of crazy post here ;)




4 comments:

Becky said...

I celebrate my dogs birthdays too! One of my dogs is 11 and the love I have for him has grown more and more every year! Dogs are just the best :)

Dara @ Not In Jersey said...

happy birthday to your adorable baby doggie!

Jen Mc said...

Your dog is darling! Looks like it was a wonderful birthday.

Anonymous said...

She is SO cute!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...