Wednesday, September 24, 2014

39 week thoughts...

Okay so I realize I haven't done a "bump date" in a little over 3 weeks.

I actually have written them out but I never published any of them because I really didn't have pictures to go with them. Or hadn't uploaded them yet.

So here I am, 39 weeks and 3 days pregnant, here to share some thoughts I've been having instead of doing the whole bump date deal. In all reality the bump dates pretty much said the same thing so…here I am.

So I will leave some things I want to remember about what's been going on in my little head (we all know all the things that are in my head will in fact not even fit in a 5 million page novel), or things that have happened:



  • We found out at 37 weeks that our girl was measuring about 6.5 lbs already (even though they said it's usually a .5-1 lb off either way). 
  • I was attempting to walk her out the other day and ended up falling down in our garage totally freaking myself out. All seems to be okay. Speaking of falling down, I swear I about fall down and up the stairs every time I use them. My balance is a little out of wack.
  • My emotions are all over the board as we near her due date this upcoming Sunday. I am REALLY, really ready to meet her but the not knowing when is killing me slowly. Sometimes I get really freaked out though that I need more time and start to doubt myself already. 
  • I am emotionally and physically preparing myself to go at least a week over my due date. It is looking pretty likely at this point. However, the doctor said he wouldn't let me go anymore than a week over so I guess no matter what we will have a baby by October 6th! That is so exciting and so terrifying…all in one!
  • Sometimes I wonder if I will be pregnant forever. Like I seriously don't feel like I'm ever going to have a baby. Not as in a "I'm tired of being pregnant feeling"…but as in like seriously it doesn't feel real sometimes. Almost like I just have a big bulge that has something moving inside it yet it still blows my mind it is a CHILD!
  • Barely any of my clothes fit anymore so I think that means it's time to get the show on the road. Thank you husband for not judging me these past few weeks as I have worn the same clothes quite often and even shared your t-shirts…and shorts. 
  • I was so terrified my whole pregnancy something would happen or that I would have this little girl too early and I praise God that I have been able to make it this far. I know it hasn't all been easy, but I am so thankful she has been able to do her some cookin'. 
  • I have a countdown app on my iPhone that I stalk every single…second. It's bad. I have a countdown for every little thing. For each appointment, each milestone, everything. Somehow it gives me something to focus on.
  • Can I just say how PUMPED I am to eat a Subway sandwich again? It has been almost 10 months of no sandwiches and seriously I have never wanted anything so bad. Okay that's a lie. But oh my lanttaaaaa a sandwich with a side of wine?! The angels are singing.
  • I am so in love with watching my husband and dog love on each other. It makes me tear up thinking about him as a daddy to our "non" furry child. I know he will be the best without an ounce of doubt. We are lucky.
  • I haven't been working since May (I was a teacher) and so I feel like I have definitely done everyone's advice of "resting" and "sleeping" while I can. I use sleeping lightly because that is kind of not possible the last month of pregnancy. I am very ready to start my new job and I pray with my whole heart I do it well. It makes me nervous sometimes I won't be able to juggle it all but I know this was what I was put here to do and I will do it to the best of my ability. Not only as a mom, but as a wife. 
  • I never nested. At all. 
  • I have never loved anyone that I have never met so much in my life. I picture what she looks like every day and can't wait to see what color of eyes, hair, etc. she has. 
  • I am thankful for these past 39 weeks…so so so thankful, but I am ready for our little girl to make her debut. I would appreciate any prayers you may have that we have a healthy delivery and our baby girl is healthy. 
Now let's get the party staaaaaarted?!

3 comments:

Corie @ Life in the Mitten said...

Ahhh it's so soon! I'm so excited for you and I know that you'll be a great mommy! :)

Niki {Glossy Blonde} said...

That is so exciting that you are so close, even if baby does end up being a little late! I hear you on the balance being out of whack, I'm 29 weeks now and I'm already starting to feel that way. I'm so glad you're ok after your fall!

Kristin said...

thinking of you! hoping she comes soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...