Monday, April 21, 2014

Bumpdate - 16 weeks

So what has been going on this week? The BIG "going on" of the week was finding out we were having a baby GIRL! Oh my gosh that has just made everything even more awesome. Now my mind can at least half way focus. Okay not really, but it is so fun thinking of nurseries, names, clothes, etc.

We also had our families up for Easter because I'm still rocking the ol' placenta and spotting. Hopefully our appointment this Wednesday will be good news and I'll be a little more flexible. I praise God though for a healthy baby girl that is still growing away. If I have to sit on this couch for 5 more months, by golly I will do it.

Baby girl already got spoiled with an Easter basket and gifts from her grandparents. She is one lucky kid! I'll make sure to remind her that every day ;)

How far along? 16 weeks



Baby Size: Avocado

Maternity Clothes: No but I did finally get a belly band so I can still wear by work pants. It was getting a little wild wearing my pants undone all day.

Movement? I thought for a second I had felt little one move, but I must have been wrong because I haven't felt it sense. Maybe I want it so back I'm just making things up in my head? Haha. 

Food cravings/adversions? None. Still just want everything.  Mostly if someone else makes it or it's in a boxI want it. Why can't I crave broccoli and salads?

Nausea, vomiting, or sickness? Nada. 

What I miss: No spotting. 

Symptoms? Spotting is about all I've been having along with some cramps throughout the day. I get really exhausted after doing simple tasks and cramp up down my sides, so I've tried to make trips to the store as few and far between as I have to. Jeff has helped SO much pick up my slack. Gosh, thank the LORD for that husband of mine.

Best moment this week? Finding out we were having a girl!!!

And getting to see our families this weekend for Easter. Always a treat to have them and/or see them!

Workouts: Still off limits. I actually had a dream I was working out and woke up terrified I had hurt the baby. Oh dreams, why do you have to feel so real sometimes?

Gender:  GIRL!


Sleep? Sleep is good! I am pretty sure little Piper is going to have to move soon because girl sleeps right up against my stomach. It's getting uncomfortable and she gets so sad when I move her. She comes right back and tries it again. Too funny.

Daddy-isms: There really is nothing sweeter to me than hearing Jeff talk to or about our little baby. Now than I'm slowly getting a little bigger he will put his hand on my stomach and tell baby girl hello. He has been looking high and low for girl names and I don't know, just something about it makes me grin from hear to hear. She is going to have one great daddy.

What I'm looking forward to? Doctor's appointment Wednesday to check on baby girl and feeling baby girl move around!

Wisdom or other thoughts? I'm just praying one of these days my spotting goes away so I can go through one day without being nervous or scared. I'm so ready for school to be out so I am not up and walking often throughout the day. Gotta keep this girl in there for another 5 months! 

Other than that, I am so in love with this child I can't hardly stand it. I thank God every day for blessing us and am so thankful he trusted us with one of his children. I look forward to feeling little one so I know she is save and sound in there :)

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Glad you are feeling well besides the spotting, prayers that it stops. Did hubs think it was a boy?

Kristin said...

Glad you're doing well. Hopefully the spotting will stop soon. Congrats on having a girl! Can't wait to hear the name you come up with.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...