Friday, December 5, 2014

Brooklyn - Two Months

Brooklyn - Two Months

How another month has come and gone so quickly, I will never know. This month was a whole different ball game than Month 1. Well, at least the end of this month was. Most days I still wonder if I'm doing it all right, but she is growing into a healthy little girl so I guess we are doing something right! This month as been SO fun watching her little personality grow and her grow in general. We are finally figuring out this whole parent thing and are loving, loving, loving our new title. Some days are easier than others, but I would not trade it for a darn thing. Not even for wine. She is that awesome.


Weight: 12 lbs on the dot.

Height: I will update this when we go to the doctor on 12.11.14.

Nicknames: Sweet girl, baby girl, sweety, stinky (still , haha), boo-boo, B

Eating: She went through a growth spurt and was eating at least every 2 hours, but now she is back up to 3 (for now). She loves to eat, that is a FACT. At night though she goes about 6-8 hours without eating. Needless to say, she wakes up ready to feast. I haven't introduced her to a bottle yet, but I know I probably should soon. Confession: In a way I have been putting it off because the thought of someone else being able to feed her makes me a little sad. It's our thang. BUT I know it will be a little bit of the weight off of my shoulders and it will be nice for her to bond with daddy and her grandparents in that way. Call me selfish. Haha. 

Sleeping: What is sleep, she asks. Haha. She is a CAT napper for sure during the day. She barely sleeps during the day. Most of the time it's in my arms because she strikes against anything else. She occasionally will for about 30 min. in her rnp. We are finally figuring our our Maya Ring Sling and she sleeps in that, too. Speaking of, I just put her down for a "nap" I will call it, and already has woken up and is sucking on her little fingers. This is when I'm all like is she hungry, is she still tired, I wonder if I should pick her up, no I'll just leave her in there and see if she falls back to sleepwhich usually leads to me finally being all like "she is NEVER going to fall asleep Mollyjust pick up the poor child".

At night though I could kiss her for DAYS because she usually lets me get 6-8 hours of sleep. Praise the LORD! I pray this only gets better instead of worse. I am SO thankful for those hours of sleep. So thankful. Good girl :) 


Diapers: Size 1 diapers - pamper swaddlers are my LIFE. We have tried others but they are truly the best for her. And smell freaking good. Is that weird? Yeahprobably. 

Clothing: Oh my gosh clothes I thought would be huge forever and now fitting her. It's insane how fast they grow! She was wearing 0-3 at the beginning of the month, but now she is fitting into 3 months. Hold me!

Social: This one has changed so much from the first month I feel like. She is giving us LOTS of social smiles and I can feel the giggles are going to shortly follow suite. It has been so fun to see her explore the things around her. She loves to kick her little piano on her play mat and stare at herself in the mirror. She smiles back at you and I looove it. She also has been very intrigued with faces and watching things carefully. I keep reading her books and even though she has no idea what is going on yet, she will watch me and smile while I read (when she's happy…that is). Another new development has been lots of cooing. I wonder what her little lips are saying? Sometimes I don't think it is very nice things ;) I love (have I said that enough) watching her grow and I can't wait to see what she discovers next!

Dr. Apts: I had my 6 week appointment and everything was healing well. Down side is I had (and still have) hemorrhoids. Yippee :/. I am hoping they get better soon because this is for the birds! I am thankful though everything else looked good. I was a little worried. She also has had a couple of appointments for cold like symptoms and we have been giving her saline drops and sucking snot one day at a time. So sad to see her uncomfortable but I know it was going to happen sooner or later! Glad she is feeling better. I can't handle when she isn't happy. Well, don't like to handle it at least.


Likes: She likes eating (per usual), sucking her hands, kicking (a lot ), cooing, ceiling fans, her bouncer, her piano play mat, her grandparents, baths, stretching out, being sung/read/talked to, her carseat, smiling, her bink when she is sleepy, and the famous sleep sheep.

Dislikes: Being overtired or hungry, tummy time, her swing, being in one spot too long, stop lights (haha). 

Mama: I am finally feeling more like myself and it is great! Still a zombie at times,  but getting more and more like myself. Next step is working out. YeahI'll work on fitting that one into her 5 second naps. Lol. I need to start scheduling better and doing it at night once Jeff is off of work. We will pretend that will work out. 

My momma heart has grown more than I ever thought possible. She is the best part of every day and even when she wakes up at 5, as I pick up her smiling self I can't help but be thankful that I even have the chance to wake up at 5 with my little girl. I adore her so dang much and I hope I always remind her of that. She is so special to me.


Daddy: Daddy = king of getting her passed out. He is like a walking sleep king. I am so thankful for his help with that because she fights me for.ev.er and then he will get her she's out like a light. It's insane! He has been more than I ever imagined with her and loves her so, so much. He also is the nose frida king too. Thankfully he can do that things that I am no so good at. 

What we're looking forward to: Every day we get with her, CHRISTMAS, and everything else she throws our way. But mostly right now, CHRISTMAS! Ah, she makes the holidays so much sweeter!


Dear Sweet Brooklyn,

I pray that one day you experience a love like we have for you. You are the greatest joy we have ever experienced. You just roll with the punches and are one happy little girl. Well, unless you are hungry or tired. THEN you let us know we are the worst ever :) You LOVE kicking. And you kick…a whole lot.  You have started cooing and talking to us and pretty sure that is the cutest thing in the world. I try to talk back but I have a feeling we aren't on the same page :) You are so sweet, little girl. You give us lots of snuddles and I try to soak each and every one up. Naps though, aren't your thang. You would rather party or sleep on someone. I mean, I guess I can't really blame you. Just know you are our WORLD. Our everything. Everyone who meets you just loves you because you are such a special little gal. I can't wait to watch you grow. We love you more than life!

Love, 
Your Momma

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

Happy 2 months sweet one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...