Saturday, December 6, 2014

Our Life Saver

I had the pleasure of having my mom stay with us the first week Brooklyn was here on this big Earth.

I really had no idea what the meaning of that would be until she walked out of our door.



You see, my mom and I are extremely close, always have been. Well, other than when I turned her head gray in HS with all my nonsense. But she is my best friend. Very best. I knew it'd be nice having her here, but as tears streamed down my eyes for hours and hours after she left…it was much more than just enjoying her company.

She saved our life.

Seriously.



I can't put into words what went on in that week, but that were some of the most special memories to date.

She rode the emotional roller coaster with me as I went from happiness, to terrified, to frustrated, to happiness again. She was there through it all. Even at 1,3,5,7 o'clock in the morning.


I will never be able to tell her how forever grateful I am for those days. The days of her helping me feed Brooklyn even though it was extremely painful and hard. The times she would take her so we could get a few hours of rest. The look in her eyes as she held our sweet,  beautiful girl and rocked her. The diapers…oh the diapers. She never skipped a beat. And somehow she managed to cook, clean, and do laundry too. I have no idea how she did it. I always knew she was wonder woman, but she took that role into a whole new world.


I pray with all my heart I get to experience such a thing with my daughter someday. Because it meant the world to me. It still brings me to tears. I know Brooklyn may not remember that week, but I want to always remind her of that special week for all three of us. She is so lucky to have her as a grandma, and I'm more than lucky to have her as a mom.

I can't wait for her to experience life with her by our side.

We love you mom/grandma!

2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

I love that little doll.. I am glad you was able to spend some quality time with your mother & that she was able to help you...

Kristin said...

Loved reading this, you are one lucky girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...