Monday, May 21, 2012

another one bites the dust

Well this weekend definitely made me feel all sorts of old.


My little brother graduated from high school, and I must say I am the proudest sister in the world. Even though I'm a little mad he showed me up with being in the top 10%, won the citizenship award, lettered all four years, and graduated with honors...I won't hurt him too bad.


I could talk about how awesome my little brother is all day but mostly I love him for his sweet little soul and his will to go above and beyond for others. I look up to him (literally, with my short self) and I couldn't be happier to call him my brother. My parents should pat themselves on the back.

And of course so should the rest of the supporters we all have had growing up. I know we sure wouldn't be the same without them and so thankful for them all every day. And I know my grandma is looking down on her baby boy with the biggest smile on her face, and tears of happiness in her eyes.  She always knew you were special, and boy you sure are (even when your teenage hormones flare up-ha!).


Now it's time for him to join the JAYHAWK club, and rock chalk in my favorite town in the world. I know it will treat him as well  (or even better) as it did me. And probably kill more braincells, take more money, and show him the real meaning of fun.



Rock Chalk, Baby! Another one bites the dust.

So proud of you little brother. So, so proud.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

My little sister is graduating from high school in 2 weeks and it's making me feel super old too! I feel like just yesterday she was that annoying 3 year old who used to chase me around the house.

Amanda said...

Happy graduation to your little bro :) So great!! Love all the pictures of you guys being goofy!

Crystal said...

Awww. I love all the photos!! You look like you have such a fun, awesome family.

I feel old....it's been 10 years since my high school graduation. EEK!

ROCK CHALK!

Amanda said...

Cute pictures!! :)

Unknown said...

Congrats to your brother! Mine is graduating on Friday. Time sure flies!

Marian said...

YAY! Congrats! Its days like those that your realize you all are growing up. I never realize it until someone younger than me accomplishes something...then I'm like, oh no, I'm getting old:)

A Babbling Brunette said...

Congratulations to your brother!! Love the pictures of y'all. They are super cute!

Amber said...

You guys look like fun! :) Congrats to your little brother!

Syndal said...

haha those pictures are amazing.

Heather said...

My little cousin is graduating high school this Friday and it's making me feel exceptionally old! Especially since I graduated when she was in the 6th grade! How time flies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...