Wednesday, May 30, 2012

why impatient people shouldn't buy houses

First off, thank you all to the moon and back for all the sweet tweets, comments, messages, etc over the past few days. It sure has been a whirlwind to say the least. Now that I am mature and twenty-three as of yesterday (ya right, mature and molly will never go together), I guess I can share all my big kid happenings. And now that I have a computer in front of me.

I shall start with the first big thing that came our way this week (other than both of our cars getting destroyed by the hail storm today-yikes).

We bought a house. 


A real life house. And we even get to mow our own grass, which in fact fiance was so excited to buy a mower and weed-eater for. Oh the things that make men excited




The home buying process is not one for people like me. Those impatient people who want things right then and there. No later. If I see something I really want, it's on. 

getting our room primed up! (and yes...we know our shorts are inside out ;))
The process started a couple months ago. We started out just looking for places to rent in the area. That process was a bit frustrating. There was nothing that we could find that was decent priced, in a good area, and somewhat "homey" as it was going to be our first casa when we got married. We were going to make it work, but weren't really thrilled with the options. 

work in progress
Then one day we found out a guy who works in the some company as Jeff was relocating for a job. We didn't really look much into it because there were no pictures of the house or anything and we just weren't ready (so we thought) to buy yet. Fwd to a few weeks later, Jeff received some pictures of the place in his e-mail. And from there it is was history. We looked at multiple places, to rent and to buy, and were still set on that house. The open concept, the location, and how we just kinda connected to it. Also, it was move-in ready but so many opportunities to upgrade and really make it our own. To grow into, as a family.

The realtor even told me you know within 7 seconds of being in the house if you love it or not, and I was sold. And sadly for me, it just wasn't that easy. After months of waiting...and waiting...and waiting, the keys are ours! 


Let the projects begin! I can't wait to officially move in after we get married in August!


Also a shout out to my parents for coming up here and slaving away painting, cleaning, packing, etc. We are so thankful for you guys! And I'm sure you will sleep very good tonight :)

19 comments:

Melissa88Senick said...

Congrats on getting the house. I'm sure it will come along beautifully in the next few months. Sounds like something fun (maybe stressful at times) and great to do with the future hubby. And how rewarding to have a wonderful place all to yourselves post wedding. Congrats again. :)

Sami said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday! Congrats on the house.. what an amazing opportunity :) Sorry about the hail damage, I had my car almost totalled from hail in Oklahoma once so I know what a bummer it is!

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

Congrats!

Lindsay said...

Wow!! So exciting! Congrats on your new home!! It will be so fun for you guys to settle into your home as husband and wife! Eeee!! Can't wait to see more pictures of your new place! xo

C Mae said...

What does the outside look like? you didn't post a pic in an earlier post did you?

Kay said...

congrats! So jealous! :) Cannot wait to move so we can start looking at house!!! I cannot wait to see the all the fun decorating projects you will have after the wedding!

Bree said...

Congrats! And happy belated birthday! So much going on for you guys :) Seems like everyone and their mother in the blog world is moving. Kind of crazy!

Erin said...

Woooohooooo!!! Buying a house is SO much fun! A lot of work, but fun and rewarding! :) Congrats!

Kelly said...

First off?? I pretty much gasped outloud with your GENIUS idea of painting with your shorts inside out!!! WHY didn't I think of that??? WOW. I feel stupid now ;-)

Secondly, congrats! This is all so exciting!!

Thirdly, this goes without saying, I get so happy when I read your blog and see a "KU" or a Jayhawk. It's like I"m home in Kansas...

tara said...

SO exciting! buying a house is stressful but fun! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! So exciting; I can't wait to see pics of the place!

Amanda said...

How exciting!! We got our house around this time last year and did major repairs! Excited to see pictures when it's done :)

Courtney said...

That sounds exactly like our story!! And it's fun toget the house ready before you get married and move in! That's how we did it too:) so happy for you!!!!

LWLH said...

Congrats girl!!!
We're moving into our first house in September.

Nikki said...

Congrats on buying your first home! It is such a great thing being a homeowner! I have had my home for almost 10 years now and I have loved EVERY minute of it! Enjoy!

Ashley said...

Congrats!!!! And Happy Birthday!!

I am a new follower!!

Feel free to pop by and say hello sometime!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new place!! Can't wait to see pictures of how you fix it all up!

Kristin said...

Congrats on the new casa!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations for buying the house! I don't think buying is a great idea at the moment, but you look like industrious workers!

Eric

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...