Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Surprise Anniversary Trip (Part One)

On Friday around noon I got a call from Jeff telling to me "'pack my bags, we were going on an anniversary road trip".

He wouldn't disclose where, which he is so famous for doing.

It would have been a lot easier to find out where we were going if I didn't have this thing called direction illiteracy. Or something like that.

I finally figured out where we were going when I saw this sign. He still tried to deny where we were going, and it almost worked. Almost.


When we arrived in our destination, LAWRENCE, KANSAS, I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face.

Lawrence, Kansas (I'm pretty sure) is the best town in the entire U S of A. And if not that, then 150% the best in Kansas. It also happens to be the same town where Jeff and I attended college, as well as where we first met.

He chose Lawrence to take me back to where "we" all began and go back to all of our old spots.





When we arrived, we were starving. We decided to go to our favorite Italian restaurant of all time., Paisanos. While we were there we ordered a bottle of wine and sat in the basement and talked for an hour and a half. We were there so long we were literally the only ones in the basement, and almost the only ones in the building.

I think they wanted us to close the place down because even after we were done with our bottle of wine and dinner, they handed us two more free glasses of wine. Wowza. 



We knocked it out of the park and ended up finishing the night driving by all of our old houses and other places that took us way back to the good ol' days.

Needless to say, it was a pretty great start to our anniversary weekend.




Beware, there are a lot of ones shown during these three days. 

Day Two:

We woke up whenever our little hearts pleased and started off our tour de Lawrence. First stop: The best breakfast in town, Miltons.



When we actually started looking for Miltons, we found out it had moved and I about had to go chuto chop someone. Luckily, it had just moved to a different street nearby so thankfully no one got hurt.

It had changed so much but I loved how modern/chic/stinkingawesome it was. Even though it was about 1/4 the size, it didn't disappoint. And neither did to-go coffee. I mean, freaking genius!

Then after we were wheeled out of the place because we were so full, we walked around Mass Street where all of the shops are and got to shop-p-p-ing.

After we did some damage, we stopped by another old spot of ours, Jeffersons, where the dollar bills are heavy and the beers don't stop.




And then we learned that you should not finish a pitcher of beer before you actually eat lunch.

......after I type for 500 years, I'll leave our night of getting down like college kids for tomorrow.

Happy Tuesday! And thank you so much to everyone who wished us a happy anniversary!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun surprise!! Can't wait to read part two!

Liza said...

What a cute surprise, way to go Jeff!

Meg O. said...

What an amazing and romantic surprise! Definitely one for the books! :) You guys are presh

Corie said...

I'm glad you had such an amazing time!

Kristin said...

What a sweet surprise of your husband planning that!

Allison said...

Aw what a sweet anniversary surprise. So glad you had fun!!

Amber said...

Aww, so sweet that he took you back to where y'all started! So precious!

Niina - My Paper Chaos said...

A surprise road trip sounds amazing! And it really sounds like you had a great time :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...