Monday, June 4, 2012

never give up (job edition)

Happy Monday to you all!

I swear I can't keep my two feet on the ground these days and have been all over the place in the past week. This week my parents and I are going to our heaven on earth to relax for the next week before my cousin's wedding.

There may come a time this summer where I actually have time to sit down and type up a storm, but for now I'm keeping busy and enjoying the summer with the familia.

One thing I wanted to chat about today was anyone searching for a job. More importantly, someone who has been searching for a job for quite some time and wants to throw in the towel, say eff it, or just stay home and drink wine (that wouldn't be so shabby though would it?).


Over the past few months I have been applying and interviewing left and right for jobs. No luck. No nothing than a round of continuous e-mails saying that the positions had been filled. I also was seeing all of my friends posting on facebook of the great jobs they had gotten, how excited they were, and yadda yadda ya all awesome sauce that I wasn't getting. Was I happy for them? Of course. But was I ready to give up and throw my facebook in the trash? Yup, that too.

So when I finally got offered a job, I felt a little at ease. The only problem, it was part-time. Not what I wanted, but I would roll with it to have a job and get some sort of income and teaching experience. So I accepted. And then prayed and prayed (during the whole process) that God would show me what I was supposed to do and if this was right thing it would work out, but if not then he'd show me the way.


Then what do you know, around 5ish that night after I had accepted the job (not signed any contract yet though, just verbal) I got a call from a school offering me a full-time 3rd grade job.

 After months and months of applying, interviewing, banging my head against tables/walls (okay, not really), I finally got what I had hoped for. A full-time job teaching. What I had worked my arse off during college had finally paid off. Then I thought, crapola, what do I now that I actually have a job?! I only thought to the getting one. So now I am trying to figure out how to organize my classroom, what to do for the first week, how to decorate, what I need, and my head is spinning in circles.

Thankfully my mom, aunt, future mother-in-law, and family friends are very experienced kick booty educators so I will have a lot of help and support. BUT if y'all have any advice/resources/etc please let me know. I cannot wait to show these kids what I got.

Anyway, moral of the story...don't give up. When you are least expecting it, ready to throw in the towel, God will give you all you need. All you have to do is keep at it, and something great will come, whether it's what you thought you wanted or not.

Have a great MONDAY!

I will be thinking of y'all while I'm laying out camping and getting all sorts of relaxed.

11 comments:

C Mae said...

Was the part time position understanding? I mean in this economy they have understand how impt it is to have a full time teaching position with insurance and benefits!!!!:) Congrats friend!

Nikki said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That must be such a weight off your shoulders!

Syndal said...

that's so exciting! congrats!

Amanda said...

Great success! I'm so proud of you, and I'm so happy that you got a FULL-TIME job! You rock, Molly!

Tiffany said...

Congrats pretty girl! I am so excited for you and knew something great would come along! I know all about this one...we sat in the same situation girl!
I am totally with you know trying to plan, decorate, and figure it all out!
You will do great!!!

Kate @ Classy Living said...

Congrats on the new job!! I'm in the exact same boat - just graduated college with a teaching degree looking for a full time job. District after district is hiring internally. It's been really discouraging and I keep wondering why I haven't received an opportunity yet. Thanks for encouraging me to wait on God's timing. He always comes through for us :)

I am so excited for you as you start this new adventure!! 3rd grade is the best!

Sami said...

I know how you felt! I got laid off in October and didn't find a new job until February. I felt like I was applying and applying and never getting anywhere and then I finally got 2 offers and had to choose. Everything will always work out if you give it time!

Kaylyn said...

Congrats!!! I'll be in this position a year from now so it was nice to read this.

Best of luck!

Kristin said...

Congrats! You deserve it!!

tara said...

so awesome! congrats girl!

Amber said...

That is so great! Congrats girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...