Friday, June 20, 2014

Kansas meets Texas {Mini Getaway/Babymoon}

Hey hey!

Gosh I love when I actually write a post other than the bump dates (if this actually gets posted, that is). I love seeing them, but it's nice to have a little variety up in here.

Before I let it fall to the waist side (story of my life) , I had to document our mini vacation/babymoon/weekend getaway to Texas. I've got to say, driving five hours turns into about 500 when you have to stop and use the bathroom every .5 seconds. Whew, bladder. 

Anyway, Jeff and I ventured to the Plano/Frisco area of Texas for a weekend getaway before baby and enjoyed four days of going to bed when we wanted, waking up when we wanted, eating when and what we wanted, and just enjoying each other with some re-lax-ation.


We really had no plans or no schedule, just to enjoy the time of hanging out and not actually having one. It was glorious. And I cannot thank that husband of mine enough for planning the little getaway.

We got there Friday night and Jeff got to enjoy his heaven on Earth, aka Pappadeux. Crawfish - 0 , Us - 2. He couldn't get the smile off of his face. That guy loves him some Pappadeux, that is for sure. So much he insists he would fly there JUST to eat it and come home. It's intense.



We spent the rest of the night hanging out at the hotel and relaxing after the long drive. After having so much going on with the house, it was nice to be in a place where there was no construction going on. Oh, the little things! And brownie cupcakes, those were pretty nice too :)

Saturday we slept in and went to breakfast in a little restaurant at the hotel. We got to overlook the pool and watch as it quickly filled up with families and couples. As I was watching out the window I couldn't help but think that would be our life in just a few short months. It made me excited, yet also made me enjoy those simple moments with Jeff. Eating breakfast, just the two of us, and enjoying each other's company.



Most of the rest of the day we spent poolside while Jeff sipped on cocktails, I sipped on….you guessed it, H2O. My body isn't a fan of the sun or intense heat so we scored an awesome spot under a gigantic umbrella. Perfection. We literally spent over 5 hours hanging out, talking, laughing, relaxing, people watching…and the weather couldn't have been better. Thank you weather Gods for that little piece of heaven!


Later that night we met up in the cutest little area in Plano…wait, Frisco. Gosh I cannot even tell where they separate. One of those places….but it had a ton of outdoor restaurants and fun atmosphere, just our style. We met up with a friend of my from high school/college who lives in the area and had the biggest heart attack burger. Oh, and chocolate shake. I'm sorry dear child, I shouldn't have done that to you.


We actually got so crazy that we went out. Like, out…out.  Speaking of that, can I just say that was the first time I've ever been in a "club"/bar type of scene while pregnant. It was the weirdest experience ever. Little miss definitely got lots of looks. I think she liked it though because she was moving and grooving to the beats. Me, well, as cool as the place was...I will stick to my low key spots for now. :)



The next day we slept in for a looong time due to our night out on the town. I can't remember the last time I slept that long. Can I just say glorious? And as much as I love little Piper, it was nice to have A LOT more space sleeping.

The rest of the day was more pool time, a little mall action to check out Pottery Barn KIDS, and spoiling Jeff for his first Daddy-to-be Day. As usual I wish I had more pictures, but for some reason I just never got it out. Ba-hum-bug.


Our last day we headed out early to get our little Princess Piper and spent 6 lovely hours in the car rocking out to country, eating too many snacks (ok, that was me…), passed out (once again…me), and of course stopping at least five times.

It's craaaazy to think that is our last "trip" with just the two of us that we will have. Blows my mind. And gets me all excited, and so nervous, and many other emotions. I can't wait to road trip with our little gal and show her all this big ol' world has to offer.

Now on to ending the endless construction of our house. And when I say endless, I really mean endless…cheers to an awesome weekend in the land of relaxation. Now take my back to our pool and shady spot. With a virgin daiquiri puhlease!

3 comments:

TexanCouture said...

Yum! I love Twisted Root Burger! They are opening one in Austin soon and I'm so excited. I'm glad you guys had a sweet time on this last getaway!

Ashleigh said...

It looks like you two had a blast! I love seeing all the photos... I am glad you all enjoyed yourselves!

Kristin said...

Glad you had a good time! We are going on ours in two weeks, can't wait!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...