Monday, June 2, 2014

No Namer

I am one of those people who was making baby name lists far before I knew we were having a baby. I'm actually pretty sure I thought of baby names before I was even married or dating. I love hearing different names and would also "note" when I came across one that suited my fancy.

Well...when the time actually came and we WERE having a baby (which I still have a hard time believing at times), I somehow didn't want any of the names I had written down and that one I did love just so happened to be Jeff's friend's name. Others were vetoed, and some made me think of ornery students I had previously or people I had met that were downright not okay to name a kid after.

That leaves us with….nada. Jeff, however, is the name man. He has come up with a lot of names that I've liked and I think when the time comes to "commit", it will be all his…well, at least mostly. I kind of like the idea of telling her that her daddy named her. Or that her mom has commitment issues with names. Haha.

My name doesn't make the list…of course!

Hey, that name is hers FOREVER…that is some pressure on a person! I don't want to choose the wrong one. Right now we are going towards one name, but still haven't committed to it. There are just so dang many girl names out there!

Any suggestions? We are still all ears!!

I try to tell her to kick if she likes the name but she is not following directions. Kids! ;)

Either way I am ready to meet our little girl and know whatever name we choose, will be exactly right for her. And hopefully she doesn't hate it :)




3 comments:

Jamie said...

Picking a name is hard!

Micah said...

Choosing a name is very hard because -- like you said -- it's hers forever. And I've heard my teacher friends say they've had some names completely ruined by students in their classes. Plus, you have to think about what terrible nickname she might get from stupid kids. Ahhh the pressure!

That said, the name Micah has suited me well. :)

Victoria said...

I was so set on my girl name and then we found out we were having a boy!! It was difficult but we finally settled on Ethan Reed.

For a girl it would have been Everly Rose.
(and hopefully will be one day!)

I'd list off some cute girl names I like for you.. but when people did that for me it didn't really seem to help, lol.

Name her Victoria! ;)

You look amazing by the way, can't wait to see what you and Jeff's cute little baby girl looks like!

-V

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...