Thursday, June 28, 2012

life update {baseball + house + dress fitting}

Hey hey hey friends!

This whole posting once a week thang is getting old, I know I know

This past week/weekend I've taken a round trip to a few different cities and haven't been home much. I also thought it was a good idea to wash my SIM card and couldn't find it. Good news it is found and works. Mom's can find everything, it's true.

Last Sunday through Monday night I went to my future little town to work on the house. I realized something about myself, painting is definitely not my forte. Is that how you spell forte? I'm too lazy to check. Anyway, Patience comes along with painting, and I just didn't get that gene.

However, the house is finally starting to look homey and I am falling more in love with it as we get things done. So cool to see it transform. And glad we had little worker bees to help us paint and fix our deck. We also got new furniture so I'm getting super excited to go back and see the new and improved casa.




On Tuesday through Wednesday night we spent the day in Kansas City for my parents 30 year anniversary and my LAST wedding dress fitting. We went to the Royals baseball game Tuesday night and thankfully did not melt away in the bazillion degree heat. And surprisingly the Royals kicked MAJOR booty.



On the day of my wedding dress fitting I was getting all sorts of nervous that it wouldn't fit. I just knew that it would be too big. I have no idea why that was my biggest fear with the dress. Maybe because I wanted it to be perfect since it is obviously a huge part of the day.

But can I just tell you that feeling when I slipped that baby on and it fit.like.a.glove. Just perfect. I definitely fell in love with it again and cannot wait for Jeff to see it in a few short weeks. It's getting real folks! Ahh!

I also want to say THANK YOU to all of you who still come back to my little ol' blog even when I'm not consistent and MIA these days. I adore my followers, commenters, and friends I've met through here. I can't wait to get back into a routine, but thank you for supporting me while I am scattered getting ready to become a wife, teacher, and new home owner.

LOVE YOU LONG TIME.


10 comments:

Micah said...

Making a house your home is such a fun (but seemingly neverending) process. I've been in mine for more than a year, and I still have a lot I want to do, but I've enjoyed doing it. :)

So glad your dress fit better than you expected.

Good days are ahead for you. :)

Amanda said...

I want to see you in that dress and all prettied up!!! I can't wait! I love that picture of your parents too :)

Sam said...

Can't wait to see the pics of your wedding in just a few short weeks!! Final dress fitting is so exciting!!

Raquel said...

Ahh I can't wait to see pictures of the dress!! I bet you look stunning!

C Mae said...

So no alterations? Or was this second fitting after first alterations were done?

Janet said...

I have had major withdrawal! I so look forward to what is happening in Molly jac's adventure!

Katie said...

I stink at painting too. It never comes out right! While I enjoy the act of painting, I HATE the prep and clean up!!! Good luck to you, we're in the same place - trying to get our new house put together, and I know it can be EXHAUSTINGand EXPENSIVE!

Pretty Zesty said...

I love that you thought your dress would be too BIG... I'm worried about the exact opposite because I like food too much. I should be marrying it instead. JK!

Cute blog. I'm new.

kristen
www.beholdthemetatron.com

Kristin said...

yay glad the dress fit perfect!

Pete said...

ah so exciting getting house stuff ready and trying on the dress again! I try mine on again next week and I am so excited!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...