Tuesday, July 3, 2012

House Progress {1}

On May 29th, which happens to be the day before the best day of the whole year, we bought our casa.

When we first bought it we knew it was move in ready. What we also knew was that we were going to fix up a lot of things to make it more Molly-Jeff style and a little more up-to-date.

Like my mom said, with ideas comes time and work. True that. In my head I pictured painting the whole living area/kitchen/dining room and bedroom taking about a day or two. I figure the trim would just take about two seconds.

Now I'm laughing at myself. I guess I don't have much painting experience to know, it's a biatch.  Mostly the trim and the edging, which I definitely could not do very well. Thank the Lord my Mom and Dad came up for a few days and helped us knock it out.

So now we have the walls painted, the trim painted in the living area, and are working on getting some white doors to match the new trim.

What I present is a little "progress report" how the updates we've done. They are small, but have made a huge difference in making the house feel more ours. Plus, it'll be fun to look back at the process.

Now if someone could find the perfect area rug or the living room I would just love y'all to pieces. Needs some colors up in herre.

Now for the difference.{and yes I realize we don't have any decorations yet. baby steps..baby steps.}

BEFORE
See ya laaaaaaater maple smaple trim.  


Wall Paint: Sherwin Williams - Versatile Gray. Trim Paint: Sherwin Williams - Dover White
Say goodbye to the maple doors soon!
Insert colorful rug here.

Well there is our first progress report, and I can't wait to see it all finished! Need some color to spice up all the brown.

Happy 4th of July EVE! Hope everyone is blowing up tanks and growing snakes.

20 comments:

Perfectly Jenn said...

Y'all have made such a great difference in that room already! Painting the fireplace surround and the walls was a great transformation
Check overstock.com & Garden Ridge (if you have one) for great prices on rugs

Syndal said...

gorgeous!

Unknown said...

It is amazing what the trim did! Looks great!

Katie said...

That is a GREAT update! It's amazing how something SO small can make such a huge impact. I agree, painting is a biatch! I hates it!

Megan at Megan Can said...

Looking fabulous! It's crazy just how much a little paint can change the entire look of things!

Lindsey said...

Looks so good! I love Before/Afters! I can't wait to see more!

Kelly said...

Looks awesome :-D

Kristen said...

Wow it looks fabulous!! Can't wait to see more pictures! :)

Kristin said...

the floors look good!!

Ashlee said...

Our entire house flooded 4 days before our wedding, so we are now in the process of re-doing everything! We looked at using that exact same shade of grey in our master bath- it looks great in your living room!!! Congrats on almost beign married :)

Tiffany said...

It's looking good!!

Raquel said...

It's looking amazing so far!!

Courtney @ The Wags Daily said...

it is so adorable!! i love it!

Gina said...

It looks amazing!

Amber said...

Love the colors! Looks great!

Amanda C. said...

Painting stinks. You have beautiful floors!

Anonymous said...

It's looking great so far! I love updating places to make it your own. Can't wait to see more pictures! :)

henning love said...

great trim color and I agree goodbye maple trim, hello white which is so much more modern. I love your mantle! Man I wish in my house we had a fireplace

Lindsay said...

Looks gorgeous!!!!

Amanda said...

It looks amazing Molly! At least you've given us a progress report! I've yet to post ANY pictures of our apartment, mostly because it's still not fully unpacked, oops!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...