Monday, August 27, 2012

morning drive

There are some times of the day that I just absolutely love. And there are some times of the day where I wish they never exsisted.

Case in point: When my alarm ring a ding dings the most annnnnoying sound in the universe at 5:45, I officially hate life. Then 6:06 where I know I have to get up or I will be extremely late and have to actually step out into the real world one blind step at a time because I cannot, just cannot open my eyes yet.

Every morning I think to myself, "How is it already this early?" And every night I think "Where did the day go?"

Time flies. So fast. It's quite scary.



So at about 6:45 each morning, I just soak that fast paced life in. One of my favorite times of the day (other than the moment I get home from a busy exhausting day to the husband-never knew how much I'd appreciate that). I have about a 20 minutes drive to work each day. That drive....is a blessing.

I have time to drink my entire two cups of coffee, eat my holy shiz I'm going to be late - out of the door breakfast, and listen to a little christian rock. As I drive by the empty fields I just smile every morning taking it in. The country just warms my little soul. I love everything about it.

That moment each morning reminds me of precious moments that can mean so much. Even when they can mean so little to someone else. Those are the moments that keep us sane. Keep us waking up for more (among many other things, obviously).

Or at least keeps me smiling at 6:45.

Cheers to a MONDAY that ended in no sickness, no blood, and thankfully all 18 children still standing.

I think I'll come back for more tomorrow :)

6 comments:

Corin said...

Touche! I absolutely LOVE this!!

Katie said...

I feel the same way every day- How is it time to get up already? How is it so late already?
I get up at 4:45 every morning and have an hour and fifteen minute commute (viz three methods of transportation) each way. By time we get home from work, we have about four hours til we're back in bed. I LIVE for the weekends. I need a LOT of that sunshine to bring with me, where can I get it?

Amber said...

Ahh, your drive sounds like perfection! It's the little things really! :)

Andy Steven said...

yes drink beer bravely under the sun, nowadays i always like to have beer after getting the taste of porter and stout from Continental Treat Fine Bistro
ctfinebistro.com/blog/

Sierra said...

Time does seem to fly, huh? Love that you dry to soak in the day - I try to do the same! It's important. :)

Kelly said...

Aww, love this post because (most) mornings I feel thus way too-- as long as I'm not running behind!! I love putting my iPhone in shuffle, rolling down my windows, and enjoying the drive in to work :-) Hope your week has been good so far! How the heck is teaching going for you??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...