Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Wedding Singer

So if you all don't know it yet, my brother kicks major boooootay at singing.

People ask him numerous times to sing at church, weddings, funerals, you name it. His voice is like a little piece of heaven. And every time he sings? I cry. Never, ever fails.

So think of how I felt when I listened to him practicing singing our wedding song a few days ago. Complete mess.

He was on top of the balcony of our church and I was overlooking it and thinking of me walking down the isle, everyone watching us tell each other I do, and listening to little brother sing. I couldn't help but beam.

This moment I don't think I'll ever forget. My heart was so full. So happy. And as I looked at little brother, I couldn't help but think of how lucky I am. For our friendship. For our closeness. Even though sometimes we act like we want to kill each other, I love that boy and I could be more thankful to have him apart of one of the most important days of my life.

I just wanted to write this down so I could remember how I felt that day. How happy one little moment can make a person. And crazy beautiful those simply little instances are in life.

And because it means the world to me he is singing at our wedding. It really doesn't get much better than that.

Other than when the organist started playing the song I would be walking down the isle to and he teared up, and me...well obviously you know what happened then.

Just makes me smile thinking about it. 

Anyway, CHEERS to having a brother that can bust out the notes!

Can't wait to hear him again on 08.04.12!

(Beware this week may be full of wedding goop, I'm feel all sorts of sappy)



7 comments:

Nikki said...

That is so special that your brother will be singing at your wedding! Enjoy it!

Ali said...

That is so sweet! It's getting so close!!!

Charlotte said...

I'm so excited for you! I love the wedding posts!!!!

Erin said...

How awesome!! I love that you guys are so close, and I can't imagine how special that's going to be to have him singing on your wedding day!!! :)

Amber said...

That is so special! You're a lucky girl to be so close to your brother!

Amanda C. said...

That is a beautiful church. I think it is awesome that he is singing because how often do brothers get parts in weddings other than groomsmen or ushers?

Pretty Zesty said...

That will make the song that more special. so cool

kristen
www.beholdthemetatron.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...