Monday, September 3, 2012

Punta Cana

Has it really been over a week since I've written on here?

I must have slept through last week or something.

This weekend? Perfection.

Football. Family. Tailgating. Friends. Food. And much more awesomeness.

Today though I'm going back to my reminiscing of my love for Punta Cana. If you missed it, that is where husband & I went on our honeymoon. A little piece of heaven.

One thing I haven't really showed is the actual town of Punta Cana. It's kind of crazy once you hit the outskirts of the resorts how it becomes like a whole other world. And a world that made me want to adopt a bazillion little Dominican children and take them home with me.

It gave me a nice, hard reality check. It makes me sad and even ashamed of how I act sometimes. Not appreciative at times as I should be. I have a roof over my head, while many of them don't even have beds.

It made me have a little fire in me that wanted to once again, change the world. It's crazy how much Americans complain. And even myself. We talked to a few people there and they have to work 12 or 24 hour days 6 days a week. And that work? Is no joke. Hard work.

Anyway, I came back more thankful and feeling more blessed than ever. Can't lie, I still want to adopt a little Dominican though :)

Gas Station
School 
Salon
Nicer homes 
Ballin' on the court





2 comments:

Melonie said...

I understand what you are saying. A huge reality check. We went to Belize City last year. My pictures are very similar as yours.

Amber said...

That really puts things in perspective. Thanks for this post, girl. I need a reality check every now and then!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...