Tuesday, October 23, 2012

husband's wedding gift

I have got to say that a wedding present may have been one of the most stressful presents to date.

However, for some reason when I thought of it I just knew that it was perfect and I looked no more unlike my usual ehh there has to be something better thoughts.

I have no idea what to get him. No idea. Not even one. Everything for a guy was so boring to me. I didn't want to just do something to do something. I wanted it to mean something to him. I also knew everything he seems to like is about 5 million bazillion dollars, so I had to get creative.




Somehow. Someway. Maybe it was God himsef. But somehow I thought of an idea. Like, by myself. I didn't even need pinterest. It was almost a world record breaking moment for myself.

My thoughts? Well...a custom baseball bat of course.

Oh my word. Husband loves baseball. The Yankee Spankees to be exact. What better thing to get a husband who loves baseball and his wife (I will answer that for him ;)) other than an engraved baseball bat?!

Seemed like a good idea to me.


So that is what I did. I got online and purchased that baby before I could say "keep looking". I was so pleased with my purchased and was absolutely giddy when it came.

I also found a baseball with bible verses to go with it and gave myself a little pat on the back. Sadly, I got too excited and gave it to him at the rehearsal dinner and got zero pictures. Even so, I loved it. He loved it. And it is sporting a new home in his office.



So if your (future) husband loves baseball and you can't think of a dang present for the LIFE of you. I'd recommend it. Plus, never goes out of style ;)


13 comments:

Stephanie said...

SUCH a cute idea!! LOVE the bat!!

Jennifer said...

This is an awesome idea! I love how original it is.

Amanda C. said...

That is an awesome idea. It definitely has a personal touch. Much better than cuff links or the usual boring stuff.

Bailee said...

This is awesome!! Where did you find that baseball?!

Syndal said...

very creative! good job girl!

Melissa88Senick said...

Awesome gift!!! Hope he loves it.

Gifts for Him said...

Perfect! You had a unique idea on giving out of gifts and I'm pretty sure your husband would love it 100%. Good job.

Alice @ christmas gift basket for children said...

This is really a perfect wedding gift love the idea, its real adorable.

Holly said...

That is one of the best gifts I have ever seen! :)

Carolyn said...

I love this! SO CREATIVE!!

Kristin said...

seriously good job! that bat looks awesome

Lucia Blankenship said...

I love this! I'm getting my husband something like that for Christmas but I can't find a good website or anyone who can. Where did you get yours? HELP!!
Thanks

Lucia Blankenship said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...