Sunday, October 21, 2012

weekend visitors

This weekend we had the pleasure of actually staying home for the weekend.

No driving. No hotels. Just relaxing, enjoying the weather and our company. 

My family decided to come up and hang out for the weekend. They hadn't seen our house since before August and they were due for a visit to the S household. A blast in a glass is definitely what it was.

I never knew how much I'd love having a home and how much I would love having house guests until well...now. We spent Friday cleaning the crib and had a little dinner with my brother who came up as well.

* photos courteous of ol' iphone*




Chef Jeff came out in full force and seriously cooked the entire day on Saturday. Breakfast galore with bacon-eggs-toast, and lunch-three different flavors of wings, and dinner-pork loin-fried potatoes-asparagus

We spent the first part of the day working on my "office" and Dad & I (more so Dad) knocked out the hardwood floor. In love with it and thankful for his sweet skills and help! The rest of the day mom, Patrick, and I ventured off to the shopping world. I vote they just move here.





The KU vs OU game was the part of our day I will just try to forget because we got killed. No, massacred. So we started drinking to forget how sad the game was becoming.



And we ended the night with a spades beat down by Jeff and myself. {sorry dad and pat}

Somewhere in there Jeff and I totally passed out and woke up to an empty basement. Boy we sure know how to hang these days {not}. 

I seriously wish there were more weekends like this because I flipping loved it. It was nice to share our home and all we have started here. I can't wait to see everything progress in our casa and have hopefully many more visitors.



Come back annnnnnnnytime :)



8 comments:

ashleigh said...

the floors look so good girl!
i love it~ but maybe you should change that paint color, i don't know what pattern you were going for but the whole white patches.. just ain't working ;)) jk girl love you

daniwhitney said...

Family time is the best, always feel so refreshed after mine visits. Can't wait to see photos of your house and all the work you guys have done!

Meg O. said...

You are so cute! Love how the house is turning out!!! Isn't it great to entertain when you have so much space to do so? Love love love :)

Lauren said...

Looks great!!! :)

xo

Corin said...

The wedding date pillow is UH-DORABLE! Also- in love with the wood floors! :)

Amanda C. said...

Having a house is tons of fun. I love those wood floors. You are lucky to have a handy family. That hubs of your seems like a pretty good cook. If it weren't for mine I would starve. Just saying, I can't cook a lick.

Kristin said...

house looks great!! love the floors!

Amanda said...

I want to come visitttt! Sounds like you all had a great time, and I'm glad you were all decked out in your fan attire :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...