Thursday, November 1, 2012

four years

Four years ago on this very day I was living the life of an underage, wild college student.

I was watching my Jayhawks dominate our rivals, and went out with my roommate for a few celebratory drinks. That same roommate just had her first born child.

The difference four years can make.

That same night my world was flipped upside down. And I literally probably felt that way because I had one too many celebratory drinks.

That very night on November 1st just four years ago, I "officially" met my husband.

The difference four years makes.

It's crazy to think that only four years ago I had ever lived my life without him. Single. Night owl. And on my own schedule. How I lived without him, I'm not so sure.

I thank God so often for that night. That night that I decided to be brave with some liquid courage. That night that I got the phone number of the most handsome man in that place. The last night that I ever was alone living the life of a single gal. We were together from that night on.

And now on this November 1st, we are married. Three months in 3 days in fact. Time flies. And I couldn't be happier with the path we've been given. I can't wait to share a lifetime and a fun lifetime at that.

Trust me...I'd get that number again and again and again if I had to.  Best decision I made in college.

I'm so thankful for four years ago......



15 comments:

Caitlin said...

This post makes me so happy! :) Congratulations and happy anniversary of the day you met :)

KRISTIN said...

Aww, this is so sweet! Happy Anniversary! :)

KRISTIN said...

Aww, this is so sweet! Happy Anniversary! :)

Courtney @ The Wags Daily said...

Happy anniversary!! So sweet!

Charlotte said...

Happy meeting day! I love those. So exciting! Enjoy :)

Lauren said...

So sweet! :) Happy for you two!

xo

ashleigh said...

awww i love it =]
its cute that is the 4th anniversary of meeting..such a cute post. love that picture

Sam said...

love this! tomorrow is six years of being together for my husband and I. must be something in the november air ;)

Kelly said...

Awww, this is just the cutest :-) Just to think how things could have been different had you stayed home!! Fun :-)

Allyce said...

So sweet! I love looking back at certain dates and reliving those fun, early days of the relationship!

Amanda C. said...

Today was a good day 4 years ago. It was also the day I got engaged. I posted my proposal story today.

tara said...

happy 4 years!! :)

Amber said...

aww, this is so sweet! happy anniversary :)

Unknown said...

happy 4 years to you and the MR!

Ashley said...

This post is too cute!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...