Thursday, November 1, 2012

pumpkin carving + halloweenie

Carving pumpkins on Monday may or may not have been a bad idea.

Our pumpkins last night for Halloween were looking quite rough and shriveled. Poor hawks. I was impressed that you could still tell what they were when a little boy came running up to our house because there were Jayhawk pumpkins. Smart child. Five handfuls of a candy for you.


I was so excited to decorate our first Halloween pumpkins. Got the pumpkins early, got the supplies, ready.to.go. Until I actually started carving it. My patience was definitely unavailable that evening. I only had finished one eye and decided there was no way I could finish the whole face. Well, maybe 10 hours later.


I actually am pretty sure I moaned and groaned about how hard it was for a few good minutes. Until I got called a Bah-Hum-Bug. However that is spelled. So then I shut up and fought through the tiny little cuts and grooves. Until my sword broke aka the tiniest little blade in all of the land.


Then the big knife pictured in the picture above came into play. Jeff was scared for my life I'm pretty sure. All was good no cuts, blood, and a finished pumpkin was to see out them both. He is way way way more patient than myself and rocked his little pumpkins world.


Sadly these beautiful faces didn't stay perky for long. I walked outside the house on yesterday morning and saw their faces pretty much deteriorated. But hey, they looked dang good for a day!

We weren't quite the Halloweeners this year. I was literally dead from conferences all week and Jeff worked late so all we did was sit in our little lawn chairs in the front of the house and handed out candy for a few hours.

There was a moment where something like this happened....

(the food he was grilling was almost ready)
(there were about 6 pieces of candy left in the bowl)

Jeff: We need to turn our light off.
Me: We can just leave it on and just answer the doorbell.
Jeff: ........But I want some candy.

*A few minutes later the doorbell rings

Jeff: Ahhh man they took the reeses!

*light gets turned off*

With that being said. Here is what I woke up to. For some reason this was flipping hilarious to me. He got his candy and looks like he sure enjoyed it. Funny man he is.


And in the spirit of thinking we were having loads of children come up to our doorstep I finally got ourselves a new welcome mat. I.am.in.love. Target never ever ever ever disappoints. Ever.


I hope everyone had a Happy Halloween!!!!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Ahhhhhhhhh! LOVE your pumpkins OF COURSE. And your new welcome mat?? SO cute.

Unknown said...

Those pumpkins turned out great!

Kristin said...

boys are hilarious, mine wanted to turn the lights off all night

Kirsten said...

LOVE the pumpkins! Rock chalk!

Katie said...

We get home from work an hour before trick-or-treating ends, so by time my husband let the dogs out, there was maybe half hour left. He said even in that short time, we had more trick or treaters than in the past two years combined. We still had a bag and half left of candy. ;-) Good thing I bought stuff we like.

Amanda said...

Your pumpkins turned out great! We didn't carve pumpkins, but we don't really have a stoop nor do I really enjoy the whole pumpkin carving process. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...