Monday, April 29, 2013

Lake Life

This past weekend Jeff and I took the treck down to my parent's lake house. It was the first time we had been back without having to wear our winter coats. Hellllllo heaven.

There is nothing I love more than being at the lake. Not many things at least. I see visions of swim suits, cold beer, music blaring, and lots of floating going down this summer. I mean, really, what is better than that?

Even though I never knew anyone could love the lake more than me until Piper came along. Girl freaks out at the lake. She runs around like a crazy child that has been caged up for years. She sprints up and down the beach like she is running for her life. And sprints from her mother into a sea of thorns and scares her half to death. I am about 100% sure I will have to jump into the lake after her one of these days.


It was a full house this weekend with a few of my cousins, aunts, and uncles to join the party. And party we did. Thank goodness for ibuprofen and the whiskey running out. 

Sunday happened to be the only really nice day of the weekend so we soaked it up on the dock watching the boats and getting out tan on. Well, them getting their tan on and me just getting red. 


Unfortunately you can't hang out at heaven on Earth as long as you want and have to go back to the real world occasionally. Piper literally slept the entire (5 hours) way home so I am pretty sure is in a state of exhaustion and depression. She still has been growling at me. I feel your pain girl.

And now I am going to soak up this 80 degree weather before it gets back to the 40s.

Happy Monday!

7 comments:

Mallory said...

My girl acts like a nutcase around water too.
Last year, she jumped in a RIVER.
I almost had a heart attack.
Yeah, what is with the weather that's coming our way later this week? We aren't good enough to spend May in the 70s and 80s, Mother Nature has to knock us back down to SNOW??

ashleigh said...

sounds so fun!!!!

Becky said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend! That's so funny Piper loves it so much. My dog hates water or anything to do with it haha.

Erica said...

Awww I wish I lived near a lake! Sounds like you had fun!

Nikki said...

I was just saying the other day that I CAN NOT WAIT to go to the lake! I miss my happy place!

Kristin said...

Sounds like a great time, hilarious she slept the whole way home. I swear they are sometimes human

Heather said...

There is nothing better than a weekend at the lake! Glad you had a great time :)!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...