Thursday, April 11, 2013

Saw it. Pinned it. Did it. / Acrylic Tray (almost free)

So the time has finally come and I actually completed something I pinned on pinterest. This deserves a party.

I am "that" person that pins about 500 million things, 5,007 to be exact (follow me here to check out my sweet pins) and does about.....zero of them. I guess I live through pinterest.

So you can imagine my joy when I actually tried one and not only completed it but liked it. Now that, is a day to remember. Patting myself on the back for that one.

The project I decided to do was the DIY acrylic tray. Inspired by Katie's SPD.

Here is mine:



My favorite part? It literally cost me about 3 dollars to make. Three.whole.dollars.

The only thing I had to buy was the shadow box picture frame. Since it was from hob lob, I used my handy dandy 40% off coupon.

If you didn't know this about hob lob, they ALWAYS have a 40% off coupon online. Always and forever. Just show it to them on your phone and you have 40% off one item in .5 seconds. I love it and use it every single time I go in there.


After you have gathered your (very few) supplies, all you have to do is literally cut the scrapbook paper to size.

I then laminated to ensure a decently long life, which I highly recommend if you are like me, as a few hours later I spilt my water in it and it didn't mess up a thing.

*If you DO laminate it, you will probably have to cut the paper down a little more as the lamination adds a little bit extra around the edges.

It's so easy that a caveman I could do it.

I am pretty sure I am about to go buy about 100 more of these little things. They are the perfect size and  I am so happy with how it fits in my little office.







13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job! I have been dying to make one of these babies asap they are so functional and pretty!
Stop by some time http://sstyledlikearockstar.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love the background you choose! It's perfect for the items you put in it!

Halie Renee said...

Looks great! And that's seriously my kind of "project." Easy, quick, cheap, done. Good job actually completely a pin! Visiting today from the SPD link-up :)

Michelle said...

What a great idea! I too love Pinterest, but I swear half of the things I attempt to make off of there turn into something that should be posted on Pinstrosity...

The Teacher Jenny said...

So adorable! I love hob lob and joannes and michaels and all of the coupons that I can pull up on my phone.

agalandherdog said...

I may have to make one of these for my desk at work!

Corie said...

LOVE it! I want to make one, I just don't know what I'd put in it! Lol

Alisa Marie said...

Very cute! I saw that Katie did this a few weeks ago and have been wanting to try it every since! Great job!

Ericka said...

So cute! I actually made one too after I saw it on Katie's blog. I use mine on my coffee table in my living room to hold all of our remotes (I don't know why we have so many!). I love the mason jars in yours...I might need to make more of these for each room in my house :)

Sarah Adiutori said...

It turned out so cute! I have been wanting to make one for my desk too, maybe I will get motivated this weekend to go to Michael's -that place is like a trap that steals all my money :)

Epic Thread said...

What a cute DIY!

Jillian - http://epic-thread.blogspot.com/

Jess Casey said...

I love the paper!!! Stopping by from the link up :)

Heather said...

I love this!!! I've been wanting to make a tray to put all my "stack" jewelry in...looks like I need to try this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...