Thursday, May 2, 2013

Beauty Steals

I had no idea day number two would throw me for such a loop.

Today's topic was to educate you all on something I know a lot about or am good at. Cue the crickets.

I sat there forever thinking and pondering about what in the world I was that good at to actually educate someone else. Heck, I even had to ask. I could seriously not think of anything. I am just one of those people who is pretty good at a lot of things, but not amazingly talented at any of them. So therefore, I had nothing.

So then I thought. Hey, I'm really good at bsing. So I thought I'd half go with the topic and just write about a few products I've been wanting to talk about that are keeping me so fresh and so clean, clean. That is technically educating, right?



One // St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Moisturizer.  How's that for a name?

I bought this moisturizer on a whim. I really wanted to try some out because my face was really dry this winter. I was tired of it looks like I was shedding or something. Okay it wasn't that bad, but it did need some love.

I still love my clinique moisturizer, but I have not stopped using this since the day I bought it. I put it on in the morning and afternoon and have had NO problem with dryness since. It makes me face feel so soft and smooth. It is not too thick or too thin, which makes it actually stay on but not feel like you have layers on your face. So pretty much we have a relationship going on and it's a good thing. Try it out, you will not be disappointed. And it's only $4.67....no, this is not a joke. And did I mention it lasts for.ev.er?!

(I think St.Ives needs to send me some products to review...wink, wink)

Two // Aveeno Ultra-Calming Make-Up Wipes

These are no joke. My all time favorite make-up remover thus far. When it said ultra-calming I kind of blew it off because, well, marketers like to do funny things like that and then it be total bs. For once, the label doesn't lie.

 I don't know how. I don't know why. Maybe it's in my head, but it IS soothing. It's so soft and removes all of my make-up. Mascara included. A task a lot of my make-up removers stunk at. I wipe my day off, wash my face, and put on the above moisturizer and call it a night. I always, always, always wake up feeling refreshed and totally clean. It really does make a difference. These are $6.95

Last but definitely not least.

Three // Chaffing Relief Powder-Gel

If you are a creeper like me, you've seen this all over blog land. The first time I saw it I was intrigued but didn't really believe it. Kind of like infomercials. Total lies.

Then I saw one review and I got a little more convinced. I knew if I was going to walk into the store and pick up chaffing gel and embarrass myself at the register, it better dang well be worth it. Ya know?

So I picked it up, with my poor husband and family thinking I was from the loony bin, and awkwardly walked out of the store.

Come to find out it was the most amazing primer I've ever used. I'd only used a few in my lifetime, but this was amazing. Still is. I use it everyday and my make-up does not come off. It's kind of magical. It's so soft and light and I don't even think for a second about it being chaffing gel.  Word on the street it is identical to Smashbox primer, which is 36 bucks....compared to $6.49. I don't have that much pride to pass up a steal of a deal.

So there is my information. Now I am going to go try to get really good at something. :)

5 comments:

Nadine said...

OH my. That gel has to be the craziest, most embarrassing substitute I've ever heard of. I've wanted Smashbox primer for forever but I just can't bring myself to pay that much for it. But can I bring myself to buy chafing gel? I just might have to. Thanks for sharing!

Meg O. said...

I actually like the Monistat better than smashbox!!! Hollah!!!

ashleigh said...

umm... and now i want to go buy all of these

tara said...

yessss!!! rub that monistat all over your face, girl! love it!

C Mae said...

I use Two faced poreless primer for 3 years now and love it! Haven't ever wanted to try anything else! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...