Saturday, May 4, 2013

My Favorite Quote

Today's topic in the May Challenge is to talk about my favorite quote.

I have always been a quote person. I have made numerous notebooks with doodles of quotes I have heard or seem that put a little pep in my step. Not that I actually ever went back often to look at what I had found, but occasionally I did and got re-inspired again. The problem is, I like too darn many. I like some that make me get my lazy bum off the couch. Some that make me want to change the world. And some that just make me smile. Since I had to choose one, I did what any person in 2013 would do.....look on my pinterest. I found about five bazillion, of course. A few stuck out, but nothing total life changing. Man I never knew this would be so hard. So I went back to my phone and checked out pictures I had saved. Then I saw one that gave me an "ah-ha". 


If you have never heard of Peter Reynolds, I hope you get acquainted real soon. He is the author of one of my favorite children books of all time, The Dot. And let me tell you, I've sure read my fair share of kid books. The reason I love this quote is because of how simple, yet powerful it is. Especially right now. There is so much negative media, so many crazy flipping people, and so much awful stories we heard about...daily. We find ourselves so use to these awful things that we start wondering when the next tragedy will be.There is so much crap that it's hard to see to see the good sometimes. It's hard to look past the shootings, child abuse, and evil going on around us. Unless you stop looking at the bad, and starting looking at the good. Start looking at who helped in the tragedies. Who started a program to help children in poverty. Who is giving the little they have, to help someone who needs it more. There is light in this dark world. A whole lot of it. And I love this quote because it's true and it is a nice breath of fresh air to see. Now go make some light, baby!

4 comments:

C Mae said...

I subscribe to his website to get free printables of quotes for my classroom! I have 'ish" and "the dot" as part of the books I read to my students in art class! :)

Cole said...

Wonderful quote! Especially during bad times, we need a reminder that there really is good in the world. :-)

Erika from America said...

I just found your blog through the Blog Every Day in May Challenge! :)

Love this! And I totally agree -- we sometimes get so focused on the negative that we forget there's sooooo much good! :) Thanks for sharing!

http://www.chimerikal.com

Allison said...

I just love him. The Dot is book I read in my classroom!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...