Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Story of My Life



It’s really hard to sum up your life story in 250 words, you know. Actually, it’s downright hard to tell your life story at all. Lessons you’ve learned. How you got to where you are. Who changed you along the way. There are so many stories, so many inspirations, so many mistakes, and so many moments that I could talk about to share my life story. None seem to really fit how I feel about my life, my journey, and my story. 

Thinking back to my childhood, mostly everything I think of brings back floods of memories. I think back to riding bikes to Sonic, getting Mister Misty’s at DQ, sitting on my grandma’s front porch, and eating her world famous salads. Playing basketball in the driveway, sitting in front of our bird dogs pin telling her how much I loved her and how sorry I was she had to sleep outside. Playing hide-in-seek with our neighbors and staying the night with friends making crazy videos and rap songs to "Oops I Did It Again". Those were the days I hold on to. The ones that seem to stick out the most to me

I grew up in a small town, with a family I could never thank God enough for. I lived a simple life that made me appreciate and be grateful for the small things. That is one of my favorite things about growing up in a small town, with the family that I did.


I went through my fair share of ups and downs in high school and college. Those were the times I learned life lessons the hard way. There are many days of high school I wish I could do over. There were many days I was a really shitty friend and put some things first that should have never been any number in the first place. Even though there were lessons learned, I still wish I wouldn't have hurt people I cared so deeply about.

Then there was college. I was lost in a sea of wanting to fit in and missing everything I felt comfortable with. I wanted to move back home my first year of college. I didn't think I could handle such a big school, not being the "cool kid" in a place where nobody knew my name, and living completely outside of my comfort zone. Thankfully it turned out to be one of the best decisions I have ever made. Now I am missing that college, that town, and part of that life.....so very, very badly.

Now here I am, standing on my own two feet starting a little family of my own. I have a husband, half child (aka Piper the Mini Schnauzer), and a "grown up" job as a teacher.  I still have the best family known to man, and the same friends from growing up. Throughout the years I realized what was important, what was not, and am still learning on the daily many life lessons. I still make plenty of mistakes and have some really rough days, but I love where I am, who I'm with, and thank the Lord for the beautiful guardian angel I have on my side.


And that folks...is my life story the best I can tell it. Which obviously is WAY over 250 words. I've never been a rule follower. Sorry.

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a great story. It's great getting to know you more.

Nikki said...

Tis is so sweet. Thanks for sharing!

Amanda said...

Beautiful story! I love thinking back on what my childhood held :) lots of DQ was involved also!! :)

Unknown said...

Great story. Holding on to the simple days of childhood always helps me put everything else in perspective.

Dash Interiors said...

Love the photo how pretty!

Perfectly Jenn said...

You have a way with words Molly! Loved getting to know a bit more about you and reading this made me long for those simple days of childhood as well . . . if only we could go back

Janet said...

Ms Molly we are so blest! Your post always make me feel so uplifted and reminds me to keep my life focused on the right things.....family and friends!!!

Nicole said...

I like how you sectioned your life story into areas of your town, family, school and where you've come. I'm from a big city and think small towns are cute, yet, have often thought they would drive me crazy, lol.

I've only been to Sonic maybe twice in my life, to this day. They only have one Sonic in Philly and the next nearest one is miles away...way past where the farms and cows are.

~Nicole
www.madlabpost.com

Jasmine said...

Found you through the link up - look forward to reading more of your posts! :)

Kristin said...

well said girlie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...