Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pura Vida

Pura Vida means "pure life" and that is pretty much how everyone I met in Costa Rica was like.

Laid back, so happy, enjoying life. I always love going to other places and seeing what their culture is like, but mostly I love seeing how different or the same the people who live there are.

Much like the Dominican Republic, the folks in Costa Rica were the nicest...ever. I am pretty sure they don't stop smiling. Not even to eat. Or sleep. Or anything else. They are just always happy and it is the most contagious thing ever. Hello America, get on it ya ol' grumps.

Going to the rainforest was incredible and I loved that it was somewhere I wouldn't normally go to on my own. And as you could see, I was pretty pumped just to see a volcano. Plus there is really nothing like being surrounded by plants, wildlife, and intense peacefulness. I swear there was no one else at that resort.

And then there was the Four Seasons.....








I fell in love with the beach location. Intense, romantic, crazy love. It was hard to depart, but after about ten mosquito (or some animal) bites later I realized it was too good to be true.




The place was just unbelievable. Every single little detail about it, I loved. The food, company, pools, beach, service, drinks, etc...etc...etc. It was above and beyond my expectations. As it always is I guess.










Every night but one there we had a dinner with the other couples who won the trip. It was like a wedding reception on crack. You almost felt like you were in a little fairytale.

We went scuba diving, yacht cruising, and dolphin watching. And we saw a ton o monkeys. Those little things look cute,  but sound mighty freaky.










Okay, now I am just depressed. I miss it so baaaadly already. Paradise itself.  I guess we had to leave it sooner or later.

Adios Costa Rica, see you on the flip side. Or next week.




I may just have to keep looking through these pictures to get me through these last few days of school. Talk about some summer ready kids....and teachers. Where are you summer?!

4 comments:

Meg O. said...

Gosh that resort looks seriously amazing!!!!!

Anonymous said...

This place looks beautiful! I'm sure the pictures don't even do it justice either :) ps love that mint green dress you have on in one of the pictures... Where did you get it?

Kristin said...

So jealous, makes me miss hawaii (anything tropical lol)

KRISTIN said...

I have a friend who is from Costa Rica and I am just DYING to go there! I love the aqua dress you are wearing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...