Monday, May 13, 2013

costa rica stole my heart

Hellllllo internet connection. Welcome back to my life.

Over the past six days I have been in one of the most magical places I have ever been to. Hawaii is of course magical in my mind, but this was just....something else.

My husband has been really kicking major booty at work and managed to win us a trip to Costa Rica. We were there with fourteen other couples and did some major damage in that country.

The pictures I am about to show you were taken over the course of six days and two resorts. We stayed at The Springs in the rainforest for two nights and Four Seasons on the beach for the rest of the trip. I will rock the rainforest today, just so I can hold on to it just a wee bit longer.

 At least until next week when I then have being out of school to celebrate.





When we arrived in Costa Rica, I knew from the beginning it would be a trip unlike any I had been on. From the moment we walked off of the plane, it went to a whole other level of hospitality.

The plane you see above was our transportation after a short bus ride to an airport. An airport that was in the middle of a sugar cane field, with a little restaurant, bar, and one plane. Our plane.

This plane, was the craziest fake rollers coaster I'd ever been on. And boy do I love roller coasters.



Word on the street this is the "Brad Pitt" of volcanoes. 


After we landed, we were picked up by a travel bus. As we were walking to get on the bus there was a tour guide waiting with a silver (no shitting you here) platter of cold towels, a cooler of waters, and snacks of all kinds.

It was just beyond me. I am pretty sure I thanked God about 500 million times a second that this one.

When we arrived at the actual resort, instead of being surrounded by beached which you would instantly think of in Costa Rica....we were surrounded by the rainforest. Monkey's and all.






When we were going to check in we got handed those little pineapples with straws and I'm pretty sure I fainted right then. Pineapple mojito. Never head of such a thing and I think I love it.

Check out this little piece of heaven.


Not that you can see our faces at all, but I couldn't stop looking at the volcano. Maybe it's the weird teacher in me. Who knows.



And then came the rooms. Complete with my little volcano view, hammocks, heated floors, and surround sound. Party hoppin' in the hoooouse tonight.



Double sinks? They know me too well. 





I've never been too good at making these vacation posts short and sweet. For some reason I just have to include every stinking picture, good or not, so I can remember every little tiny second of awesomeness that we experienced. Call me crazy, but I just can't help it.






  
Straight from the hot springs, folks.





So I don't go on and on and on and on, I will just finish with some pictures of us zip-lining. One of my all time favorite things to do when we travel to places like this. Okay, I've only done it twice but still.

Heeeey, there's my volcano again. Annoyed yet?


Wait, now?





Okay so I guess there aren 't many pictures of the zip-lining.  I was terrified I would drop my camera to a long, awful death. Thankfully I didn't, and thankfully other people have pictures that I hope I get to see in this lifetime.

After a night of drinks and mahi-mahi, we ventured off to the beach, airplane style....this time the two pilots were sober and ready to rock and roll.

9 comments:

ashleigh said...

look at you jet settin'
marriage has been great to you ;)
yay for summer break!

ashleigh said...

oh p.s. totally jealous of all your pics

Becky said...

what a trip!!! love the pictures!

Nikki said...

Beautiful! What did he do to score this trip!

Anonymous said...

Amazing pictures! I'd love to visit Costa Rica someday... You're so lucky your hubby won you guys a trip! Totally jealous :)

Heather said...

Holy cow girl! These pictures are gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

So jealous-- first Hawaii and now Costa Rica! Lucky lady :)

Kristin said...

Have I told you how lucky you are????????

Unknown said...

A trip in Costa Rica? That's is very amazing! I never won anything, but if there's anything I would ever want is to have a trip like this. Everything looks perfect since you landed from the airport to your room. Well, who wouldn't love a room that has an undeniable lovely view, inside and out. Do you have plans on coming back?

Katy Desroches @ Dominical-Real-Estate.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...