Thursday, December 29, 2011

christmas eve

On to Christmas Eve!

Christmas Eve was our fake Christmas this year so we could all be together and open presents while everyone was here.

Presents there were. My my  the tree was packed full.

Momma's tree when it was first put up. Didn't take a picture Christmas Eve...whoops!
 So we spent the morning opening presents but the most fun present to watch being given was to Baby {Toddler} Kate, my niece. My dad made her a push and pull little car and it was the coolest thing ever. My dad is a handy man, and it was perfect.I told him I'd take one too :) Plus, how special is that to have something homemade by Grandpa. Seriously, stuff like that just tugs at my heart strings.



The best part was her face as he walked down the stairs with it. Surprised galore. And she ran straight to it convinced she was going to take it on a stroll. Her little legs couldn't reach the peddles yet but she figured out she could sit on it, put her necklaces on it, eat graham crackers, and watch TV all in the comfort of her car.



Perfect. That, to me, is the beauty of Christmas. That look. The memories. The hard, hard work my dad put into making such a special gift. Nothing like it.

Santa must have been looking the other way when I wasn't all good this year because I was treated very nicely this Christmas!

 Two of my favorite gifts were my KitchenAid from Santa {thanks Mom & Dad} and my iPad from the Mister. I also received a very thoughtful gift from two of my aunts that were a cake cutter and cake knife from Kate Spade. Beautiful. Beautiful. Beautiful. Can't wait to use them!






New gear! Love!

After all the opening we went to my mom's side of the family Christmas. This year we didn't do our gift exchange but started our first annual scrapbook contest. There were so many categories and we had to fulfill them and make some sort of scrapbook from the year 2011. I LOVED it and it was so cool to look at everyone's year. Cannot wait to keep this tradition! P.S. We tied for FIRST. I finally win something, YESSSSS.



After my family's Christmas we ventured off to Jeff's side of the family's Christmas. It was nice to spend time with Jeff's mom and the rest of his familiy eating { a lot } opening presents, and just spending time together. I must say I am very lucky to have such a kind, and wonderful future Mother-In-Law. We were supposed to spend Christmas Day at her house again but sadly....the flu arrived in our household and we were glued to couches, beds, and chairs all day long.


I love my ipad & robe...whoop whoop.

However, we did get to return the next day and shared presents and relaxed after two crazy busy days of sickness and Christmas fun. His mom's gifts are always great and useful. I got the best cookbook and robe that I am practically going to live in, among other thoughtful and great gifts.

The novel is over, but I don't want to forget what went down this year at Christmas. A lot of special memories that can't be forgotten :) I know it may bore y'all but I love to look back and read things I would normally forget. Little moments that I treasured.

I guess that's why I'm here in the first place.

Now for New Year's Resolutions and MORE. Yeehaw!

P.S. Will be back for some WEDDING UPDATES. It's been awhile huh?!


3 comments:

Courtney B said...

What an awesome Christmas! You were spoiled...but definitely deserve it :)
I love that your dad made the bike for your niece. SO special!
And the scrapbook idea? Genius.

Amanda said...

Sounds like a perfect Christmas to me, Molly! You made out like a bandit! Happy almost new year!

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

I got an iPad and a robe too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...