Friday, December 30, 2011

lake side wedding planning

Wedding? I'm having one of those? What?

Yes, I'm sure you had forgotten since I haven't written anything about in about 30 years. That is probably because my school load was literally kicking my ace. I couldn't even think about anything other than school and stress. I'm not the best multi-tasker ever.

So now that I've been on break, I've had some time to finally think about things, plan things, and actually get something done. Hallelujuah.



So my mom and aunt arranged a little getaway to my aunt's lake house to get some planning done. First off, I am obsessed with the lake. What could get better than waking up to that? Seriously. Other than a beach or mountain...nothing. Or maybe that's just me.

They made a fire and we got to work. My mom got me a wedding guide/planner when I first got engaged and we seperated all of the duties into each month so I wouldn't completely freak when I had to do them all. Now they are nicely organized into their own month so I can get it done in order from what needs to get done now, later, etc.



Not going to lie at first it was a little overwhelming, who knew there were 500 bazillion details that went into a wedding? Not I. haha. But then it felt good to organize what I needed to do and finally get a plan so I actually had a wedding to attend.

The best part was getting to spend the time with my mom and aunt though. Sitting together, planning Jeff & I's big day, and just talking. You know how I love my family time!



A few table arrangements were also put together from the things my aunt brought to try, and I think we had a good start to what they will look like. So so so so refreshing to get that {mostly} figured out. Still have no idea about the flowers on the tables and colors of that but hey...it was a very, very good start.

So thank you Mom & Aunt Diana for all of your help this past week. You have made my life about 500 times easier and I cannot thank you both for all you have done in getting things together to make our day perfect for us.

I truly, truly.....could not do this without my aunts, mom, and her friends. Truth.

One step closer to our "game day" in August!!!

Yippee!




1 comment:

Amanda C. said...

That sounds like fun. Wedding planning and family time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...