Thursday, July 5, 2012

buffalo chicken dip (i die)

Do you have a paper and pen? I hope so because you need to write this down, like right now.

If you know me at all, you should know my love for anything buffalo. And that does not include the animal.

If I see buffalo sauce anything on a menu, you bet I'm most likely going to snatch it up.

At my friends graduation party awhile back, her dad made some killer buffalo chicken dip. I may or may not have put a dent in it. Anyway, yesterday I figured I'd see if anything was like it online so I could make it for our little dinner for two.

I found and went running. To the store.

We made another dip too that I found on pinterest but it just doesn't really compare. And the prep work sucked majorly (it's the poolside dip).

So here is what you will need for the little piece of heaven:


2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken (doesn't that sound just lovely) , drained
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup Ranch dressing
3/4 cup Frank's Red Hot (I put in about a cup - we like it hot)
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 jumbo box of wheat thins (okay this is just a suggestion)


Here's how it works:

1.) Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skiller over medium heat, until heated through.
2.) Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing.
3.) Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer to slow cooker (if you are doing it for a par-tay - we just left it on low on the skillet for a bit to chow down)
4.) Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook on Low setting until hot and bubbly.

That's it.

source for picture


Quick. Easy. Not many ingredients. AMAZING. IN LOVE.

But really, you should try it :)

Now I'm starving and am going to go heat some up. Speaking up, it feeds an army.

12 comments:

Jane {In The Pink & Green} said...

Omg I make this same dip every year for the Super Bowl and it is the BEST. So bad for you but SO worth it!! :)

Anonymous said...

This looks so yummy. I am gonna make this asap. Thanks for sharing!

Mrs. Mama said...

O.M.G. i'm salivating!

Amber said...

I loooove buffalo flavor anything too! I am definitely going to have to try this!

Anonymous said...

I just made this yesterday for the 4th! It's so yummy!

Katie {katie lately} said...

that looks soooooo good!

Elizabeth McMullen said...

Bring me some, k?
Hah, jkjk. I will be making this SOON.

thx.
xx
L

Heather said...

Buffalo Chicken Dip is one of my favorites! I could seriously sit down with the platter and eat.it.all!

Erin said...

I make this all the time, for every holiday, party, football game etc :) So easy and delish!

Kristin said...

wow I am so excited! thank you!!

Amanda said...

I can't wait to try this! It looks like it was probably super tasty!!! M loves buff chix, so this is probably going to end up as a staple in our house!

henning love said...

oooh yummy yummy!! and i love wheat thins so anything i can dip that include wheat thins i am all in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...