Wednesday, July 11, 2012

a wednesday full of wedding

24 days. Woweeeee. The day is approaching in the speed of lightning. Maybe even faster than that.

It was been go-go time for the past few months and somehow the list always has another "to-do". Even though I must say we are knocking things off the list left and right.

I also think that we have officially bought out Hobby Lobby. It's true. We are those people who go in and out of hobby lobby with our 40% coupon. We as in the whole family, one by one, exchanging iphones. It's hilarious.  Teamwork to the max, oh how teamwork has made this whole wedding. It really DOES take a village to plan a wedding. Thank the Lord for the help. Thank the Lord.


This past weekend (okay I know it's Wednesday but whatever) my parents, brother, and aunt ventured off to Missouri to my other aunt's house to make burlap runners, 56 of those bad boys, and some of the bridesmaids gifts.

pre-sew and iron

56 runners may not sound bad, but it's no joke. Mom and I were the edge folders/ironers and my aunts were the sewers. They turned out perfect though but I felt perdy bad I picked such an orny little runner to do.

I also realized that one of the coolest parts about living at the lake is riding the golf carts around, other than the whole seeing the gorgeous lake every day part. So much fun. That's probably why half of the time when I "golf" I usually just ride the golf cart and eat sunflower seeds.


Anywho, we even got to see a round two fireworks show on the lake. These bad boys lasted over an hour. Talk about an hour of a normal towns finale. Pure awesomesauce.



Sometimes it overwhelms me how incredibly lucky I am to have so many helpers, motivators, etc in this whole wedding process. Jeff and I are crazy lucky and I hope someday we can give back to them what they have all given to us.

These are the memories I will remember the most. The time together, the "mishaps", the work put into it all, that is what is remembered. Not what's on the tables. Not if everything is straight and perfectly placed. Not anything of those little things that really don't matter.

Not gonna lie, I'm going to miss all this after our day is here. It's been quite the blessing. And hopefully my mom doesn't kill my indecisiveness by then :) She really has been an angel!

HAPPY WEDNESDAY my frans.

6 comments:

Amanda C. said...

You have an awesome family to help. I love fireworks but I didn't get to see any this year.:-(

Kristin said...

I do the same thing at Michaels since I dont have a hobby lobby :(

Megan G. said...

Wow, that is great to have so many helpers! I wish you all the luck in getting things done before the wedding! :)

Those fireworks on the lake look beautiful, wish I would've been there!

Bailey said...

Hobby Lobby is THE BEST! Love your blog! :)

-Bailey

prepheadquarters.blogspot.com

Amber said...

You're so busy! You sure are lucky to have some helpers!

Jamie said...

Ha sounds like me. We have 29 days until ours, & I have been to Hobby Lobby at least once a week since the beginning of summer. I think almost every bride I know of has gotten the "burlap bug" (including me!). There are SO many things you can do with it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...