Tuesday, January 15, 2013

hot and bothered

So this post is just a little spur of the moment on something I've been thinking about the past few weeks. It all has to do with being skinny, healthy, and what the difference is.

I'll tell you skinny and healthy are not the same thing. They can go together, but they are definitely not the same thing. That isn't what I've been thinking the past few weeks though.

What I have been thinking about is how people perceive it. What made these thoughts come visit is when I was talking with others about working out and eating right so I wouldn't feel so flipping tired all.of.the.time. It was getting old and I felt old.

I am telling you they looked at me with the "um, seriously" look and the words "uhhhh, ok" and "what are you doing it for?" came into playNo, to get some energy IN. Just because I am small, does not mean I am healthy. And the last few months after our wedding, I have been everything but healthy. It was getting a little ridiculous.


Even though my figure may have made it look like I was healthy, my insides were so po'ed about how they were being treated. I felt tired about 24 hours of the day. I had no energy to do anything, and this resulted in being a lazy teacher. I was short fused and just not...me. Well, not the good me at least. I got to a point where I said no longer will I feel this way. I can't do it.

And I am still not the healthiest person out there. Not by any means. But I've been trying the best I can and I already feel so much better. For the first time probably ever, I got something "healthy" out on our date night. I am trying. Key word, trying.

So when I get the "you are a freak" looks when I tell someone I'm working out and trying eating better, it's a bit...what's the word...frustrating. Maybe I just don't understand. That is definitely possible, but it just bothers me.

End rant here.

On a positive note....My Erin Condren planner (yes, I caved) arrives soon and so does my new camera strap. Ow owwwww.


10 comments:

Charlotte said...

You go girl!

Maura said...

good for you! i hate when people do stuff like that. like when I don't get dessert at a dinner or party or something and people say "Are you dieting? You don't need to you're so skinny!" it drives me nuts that people can't tell the difference between skinny and healthy!

Mary Claire said...

I know exactly what you mean!! it's super frustrating when people give you a hard time for wanting to improve health even if you are "thin."

New follower :)

http://wwwnateandmaryclaire.blogspot.com

Sar said...

BOO for people implying that you aren't supposed to work out because you have a small frame, but YAY for wanting to be healthier and harness your energy!

But btdubs, you're beautiful. Just FYI. ;)

-Sar

Katie said...

Eating right and treating my body right have been on my mind a lot lately too! I want to feel energized and I can totally notice a difference in how I feel depending on what I eat and if I am exercising or not! People really forget that being skinny, doesn't necessarily mean "healthy." Whenever I say I am changing my eating habits, people will say "why?" Sometimes it just boggles my mind that people don't think outside of the box...it isn't all about how you look, a lot is about how you feel!

Meg O. said...

Preach sister! I have always wanted to be healthy, no matter what size. Go for it, girl! Don't let others discourage. Healthy is important.

Nikki said...

Amen sista! I hate when ppl get all ignorant about this exact topic! Do you and keep on keepin on!

Laura said...

Good for you!! We still need to go the Y together. :) People are just dumb - I get the, 'Why do you still watch what you eat if you're not trying to lose anymore weight?' Uh, because the goal was to get healthy more than it was to lose weight, and I'd prefer not to gain it all back either.

Amber said...

I agree! While I'd love to be skinny, I want to be healthy more. Get it girl!

Kristin said...

Totally agree, just because im skinny does not mean im healthy!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...