Wednesday, January 23, 2013

just a man and his dog

Last night was just one of those nights you can't help but soak up. After having quite a rough start to the day/week, I think God must have known I needed a good end to the day. Like, really really needed it.

The day started getting better when our secretary delivered one of the perdiest flower arrangements I have been sent yet. I was seriously beaming.




It was actually quite awkward. All of mystudents were staring at me and asking me who they were from. I wasn't sure if I should tell them, but I told them Jeff. And they were so confused who Jeff was. I forgot I had never called him by that and only by my husband. I totally should have told them my secret boyfriend. But needless to say, I needed it and it couldn't have been more perfect timing.

After we both got home from work we just kind of slowed life down and enjoyed each other, which is hard to do when two people are so busy. It was so nice. And so very, very needed.





It wasn't anything crazy. Nothing fancy. Just two people, with their furbaby, some country music, and steak. Sometimes. Okay, most times it doesn't take something extravagant to be happy. It takes those small little moments. Those moments that make your heart so entirely happy that you can't quite smiling. Those.




And to top it off, this gal saw a falling star. I am so darn in love with the sky. To me it was a little sign God was giving me to let me know it was all okay and everything was going to be juuuuuust fine. Funny how that man works. He is very perfect in his timing.

6 comments:

Nikki said...

The flowers are beautiful! You got yourself a keeper! I love the picture of your hubby and the dog!

lori said...

you are so right about His timing being perfect. and gorgeous flowers :)

Tricia said...

So sweet!! High five to the hubby!

Amber said...

Kudos to Jeff! You guys are adorable. Sometimes the most low key nights are the best ones!

Jeannie said...

just lovely :) i love those moments that are oh so small yet oh so BIG!

ashleigh said...

You are getting good at your photography girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...