Sunday, January 13, 2013

office update (part 1)

This weekend my parents came up to our neck of the woods and we had a guh-reat time as usual. I absolutely love it when they come up. And so does miss Piper. She adores her grandparents.


Piper & Grandpa Aka "Farty" (You will only understand if you've seen Parental Guidance)
We spent the weekend finishing up my little 8 x 8 office in the basement. My little space where grading papers will be bearable. It's crazy how it started out as a concrete playroom. I am so over the moon on how it is coming along. Thank you so much to my dad and husband for their handy work and hours they poured into my room. And thank you mom for keeping me company and being the very best.

Cracks me up. Action shot after being licked by the Miss. 

Here are some of the before pictures taken by Mr. Husband. It's hard to get a good picture when there is only a couple feet to stand back. What can ya do?




And here are some pictures after the sheetrock was installed, all the plug-ins and cable done, new wood floors, freshly primed and painted, new trim, and my glorious new light. I flipping love that light. Nice work mamacita.


Color: Behr Gentle Rain. Looks a little different and way better in person. Darn picture.

Now all I need to do is gather some decorations for inside, get a desk, and call it a day. I found a desk I wanted soooo bad at world market but of course they are discontinuing the desk and the only people who have it are in South Carolina. Road trip?

The desk I reaaaaally want.
So anyway, I am on the lookout for a white desk that is big enough to fit the mac and room for all of my stacks of papers I will most likely be grading in there. I found one at overstock and am thinking about getting it but still on the search for desk victory. Holler at me for your awesome desk finds :)


I cannot wait to see it come together and get my motivation and inspiration on in there. It may be a little 8 x 8 room, but I love love love everything about it and can't wait to put it to use.

I hope you all had a great weekend. They just seem to go way too fast. Way too fast I tell ya.

12 comments:

C Mae said...

I think Katie from Keep Calm Carry On has the same desk... So out of the whole united states NC is the only state that has any left? And they don't do shipping?

I'd check Craigslist or ebay! I check those things constantly!

Unknown said...

I can't even stand how adorable your pup is!!!
have you thought about building the desk? it may be cheaper and you wouldn't have to settle?

Meg O. said...

It's coming along SO NICELY!!! Love the light and the floors!

Dixie Bell Designs said...

The light is awesome! Looks like they are doing a great job!!

KRISTIN said...

It's looking great! LOVE the light. Can't wait to see what you do with the decor.

Megan said...

Oh wow, that room looks absolutely amazing!! I love the light! It will make grading papers/doing work seem like fun!!

Amanda said...

Absolutely loving how the office looks! I hope you get your dream desk! :) I wish we had a room for an office, especially with all the studying M is going to be doing.

Anonymous said...

You're going to have such a cute little office! Can't wait to see the final product! :)

Amber said...

Oh wow, what a transformation! It looks great!

Kristin said...

I too need a desk!!

Megan G. said...

Awwww, Piper is so precious!

The new office looks great with cute lighting. :)

Charlotte said...

Which SC store??? I'll be home in a few weeks and can get it and ship it to you! I feel your pain of wanting something far away like that! Let me know!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...