Tuesday, January 1, 2013

brand spankin' new year

The really good thing about 2013 is that half of the people in the world thought the world was going to end in 2012, so we dodged the bullet on that one. Whew.


What I really love the most about a new year is that you feel refreshed. Like you can accomplish anything and kind of just "start over"or change something you really stunk at the year before. I love that feeling. It's like starting to workout or eat right on a Monday because it just doesn't feel right starting in the middle of the week.

I hope you all have the year you dreamed of today. The year that is hopeful, promising, and just plain fabulouuuus. Even though 13 is most definitely the most awful number ever, I have a feeling it's going to be a good one :)


And lastly, on this day I was to remember one of the most beautiful human beings I have ever met. My grandma. The Lord took her to a better place just five years ago and has now given me the best angel I could ever hope for. On this day I always remember her spirit. Her strength. And her genuine love. On this day it always makes me want to live a life like her. And I sure know she is ringing in the new year with her newspaper hat and noise makers, just like we always use to.

I hope you all have the greatest 2013 you ever dreamed of.

7 comments:

Laura said...

Aww, my grandma passed away on December 30, 2005, so I always think of her around this time, too. Miss her dearly! Happy new year, friend!

Rorie said...

My grandmother passed away on January 1st 2005, 8 years ago. I always try to think that she wanted to live to see one last new year, so I try to celebrate with that frame of mine.

Happy 2013!

Kay said...

The year 2013 is kind of like being 23... It's just not an appealing number! But cheers to a fabulous year- I love clean slates & fresh starts... How lucky you are to have such a beautiful inspiration on this day each year!

lori said...

i love the refreshing feeling of a new year as well!

and such sweet words about your grandmother. im sure new years is a super fun party in heaven :)

Unknown said...

The refreshed feeling is exactly what I love too! Cant wait to see what 2013 will bring :)

Hope you have a very happy new year!

Amelia @ Ducklingtoswan.com! :) xxx

Pretty Zesty said...

Best of luck to you in 2013!

kristen
www.beholdthemetatron.com

Molly S. said...

*test2*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...