Thursday, January 17, 2013

the life and times of 3rd grade

So I was just thinking that  I really never talk about my job. And let me tell you, there is a lot to say. The things that come of these kid's mouths are just too darn funny not to share sometimes. I love these kids. Even though sometimes they may drive me up a wall. A large wall. I flipping love them to death.

And they are FUNNY. Boy are they funny. I would have never guessed in a million years that these kids would think spelling the word trapped was hilarious. When I spelled it out, I was so confused. T-R-A-P-P-E-D. And then they died. Straight up laughed hysterically. I quickly realized if I spell a word with "p-p" together they will instantly think of the word, well you know.


I also realized to never again talk about peanuts, ever. Peanuts are the funniest word ever to them. I told them I just don't get what is so funny. They responded "pee-nuts", GET IT?! No my children, I don't. So then somehow I ended up laughing too because there were eight sentences in a row with the word peanuts in it. Never will I think of a peanut the same. Lucky for me they were thinking of the word "pee" and not the word I was thinking of. Whew.

Lastly I learned that if I show them a brain pop video on digestion, expect them to think seeing the "waste" was the most amazing thing in the universe. Another laughing spree went on for a good five minutes. I was actually a bit surprised it showed it (animated and didn't really look like it) but hey, what's real is real I guess. They wanted me to play it again. Sorry, kids....


I may not be the best teacher ever, but holy cow do these kids rock my socks off (most days). They teach me so much each and every day. It's just beyond me how each child is so different, yet special little people. Some more talkative and crazy than others, but still special nontheless.

I can't wait to actually write down and remember the things they say. You will die just like I do. Oh kids.

2 comments:

Adventures in Mommyhood said...

This post made me miss teaching!! I taught 3rd grade for 7 years, and now am a SAHM.

Brainpop is the best!! My kiddos always loved watching Annie and Moby!

Kirsten said...

You are awesome. I could NEVER be a teacher, and you're a saint to do it! Not to mention you rock for shaping the minds of our kiddos. My son's in 4th grade, and he makes me laugh on a daily basis!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...