Saturday, March 30, 2013

I feel like I just got dumped

If I remember the feeling of breaking up well enough, I am pretty sure it feels exactly like this.

You go through the stages of being completely confused...to completely and entirely angry...and then you are just left sad and upset.

Those are all the stages I went through last night. All at once in fact. It was like my heart broke all over again.

Then I went through the....what could I have done differently to make the outcome different? Should we not have went out to watch the game? Should I have worn something different? Should I not have hid my face in overtime in the last seconds? 

You see, my team lost in the Sweet 16 last night.

This, to many, isn't such a big deal. To us. To me, it plain and simply....sucks a big one.

How we lost was completely devastating and I am pretty sure it will time some time to recover.

But you know how breakups go.....no matter what they do, you still love them. And I , wholeheartedly, love my Jayhawks.

Rock Chalk for Life.

Until next time.....

(end of dramatic post here)


Seniors 
Photos from KU Athletics


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally know how ya feel! My cats not making the tournament at all still makes me sick to my stomach! Oh, college basketball!

henning love said...

ugh i hate seeing the jayhawks loose. my dad got his phd from there in the 90s and i am a jayhawk fan every year and so sad to see them loose

Meg O. said...

Aww poor guys! I haven't been paying attention to March Madness at all. Sorry your team didnt make it out of the sweet sixteen! Boo!

Sierra said...

So sorry about your team! Hope you are having a nice holiday weekend! xoxo.

Dara @ Not In Jersey said...

a lot of my friends were depressed today too! hope you feel better soon.

Kirsten said...

This made me sad all over again :( it definitely feels like a horrible break up. Friday's game was just terrible. I'm already counting down the days until Late Night!

Kristen said...

I totally understand! My sweet Hoosiers last all too early in the tourney, and it really did break my heart just a little.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...