Sunday, March 24, 2013

Paradise - Wailea, Hawaii / Part I

Now that I can finally function, I am ready to show you a little glimpse of what we got to see for seven lovely days. I wish I could do it justice, but I know that's not possible. Here is my attempt.

Warning: This will be long. This will be detailed. This will be my way of always remembering what a little piece of heaven was like. 

Day 1- Arrival

On Wednesday morning around 5:30 a.m., I blindly drove myself to the airport. I was flying by myself, as my husband had left the previous day, so my stomach was seriously in my throat. I was terrified. Straight up.

I was that person pretty much running up to the AA counter flinging my bags at them, shaking hands included. I was anxious to get the show on the road, and pretty much crossing my fingers nothing would go wrong while I was riding solo. Solo for about 15 hours.


I must say I was certainly patting myself on the back as nothing went wrong, I found everything super easy, and 8.5 hours in a plane next to people drinking wine and bud light wasn't too bad. I survived. And I made it to paradise to be happily greeting by my husband. And Starbucks.

I got off the plane feeling drugged, but oh did paradise through my hair feel good. I was ready to take my jeans off and get those beach clothes a rollin'.

I was surprised to find that arriving at the airport, you don't get lei'd actually getting off the place. But I was pleasantly siked to find out you DID get lei'd upon arrival at the resort. I crossed that one off of the bucket list. Three times in fact.

And the resort? Oh my that resort. Grand Wailea, is in fact, where IT'S at.






My first night in Maui we all went out to dinner at a restaurant down the beach called Spago. Okay let me backtrack it up.


"We" is some of my husband's insurance team. My husband kicked major buns and won us a trip to Maui. The trip was for all of the insurance people in his company who made it as well, all across the US. I am pretty sure they said 600 people all together (spouses included). Talk about a good time.

Anyway, so we went out to dinner with a few from his district and ate the most unreal food and stared at the Hawaii sunset. I wish I wouldn't have been completely dead so I could have really soaked this day in. However, after dinner my eyes closed without telling me and I called it a day.

Day 2- Beach Chic White Party

I woke up, looked out of our large ocean front windows, and just smiled. Oh my lanta the happiness I felt.



Mr. Husband was off golfing so I grabbed my phone, put on my workout clothes, and walked for miles on the walking path on the beach. I seriously couldn't stop. Two hours went by and I just walked and walked. I ended up stopping and sitting on some lava rocks and just staring out at the ocean. I kept saying thank you I'm pretty sure 500 bazillion times. It was truly magical. As cheesy as I sound, I'm not even joking.


And that was before the breakfast of a lifetime.


We got to choose three items from a list that we wanted to do while we were there. Husband chose golf, and I chose spa. We got a little spoiled.


The first spa day was manicure and pedicure. I am pretty sure I could get a pedicure every single day. Even though of course I was awesome and messed it up within hours. I suppose the sun I "hopefully" got on my back while laying out on my stomach was worth it. Speaking of, if you haven't tried Sparitual nail polish, get. on. it.

I will spare you all of the details of the pool and laying out because really, they were all the same. Order a drink, get some sun, cover our bodies in sunscreen. Repeat and repeat. Okay other than going down the sweet water slides. It was pretty much a mini theme park. Except I lost my top on one. The one that had a camera, of course.







After swimming, laying out, sliding, and relaxing it was time to get ready for the infamous "Beach Chic Party". The party where everyone wore white and the beach music was blaring, complete with chandeliers. It was stunning. The food was unreal with a variety of seafood, meats, breads, and salad.


We danced all.night.long. Ahhh, so fun. Even though the band ended, the party definitely didn't. And to think that it was all only getting started.

The party continued for 4 more glorious days......

Coming up: The rest of the trip in Wailea, and then traveling on down to Lahaina where Jeff and I had a three day party of our own.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am freaking out reading your Maui Recap -- and your pictures are so awesome!! YOU are making me suuuuuuuuuper homesick lady!! So glad you had such a great time :) :) :) :)

Nikki said...

Not gonna like I am jealous! Glad you had a great time!

Allison said...

Love that first picture of you! I'm so jealous of all that Hawaiian sunshine! I'm so sick of SNOW!

Michelle @ The Vintage Apple said...

Oh my goodness!!!! HOW BEAUTIFUL! I am so jealous! I want to go there so badly! Your pics are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I am SOOOOOO jealous!!!! These pictures are so pretty!!

Meg O. said...

I cannot get over how amazing this trip looks! I wanna go to a super chic Hawaiian white party!

tara said...

aaand i'm majorly jealous!

Becky said...

I am so jealous!!! The trip looks amazing!!!!

Tricia said...

I am beyond jealous. I've been to Maui once, and it truly is an amazing place. It looks like you all had an incredible time. The sun, water and gorgeous setting....seriously, extremely jealous!! Congrats to your hubby for kicking butt and getting the trip. :)

Kristin said...

What an awesome trip, so lucky!!

Kelsey Lenay said...

I just found your blog! Loving it! Such pretty pictures-looks like you had so much fun :)


Xo, Kelsey

Unknown said...




Kone keen on Palace switch
Agen Bola indo11.com reported, Wigan forward Arouna Kone says he does not intend to play in the Championship and that a move to Crystal Palace would interest him.
Kone, 29, was Wigan’s star man last season despite their relegation from the Premier Leagu, as he scored 13 goals in 38 appearances in all competitions.
The Ivory Coast international helped Wigan to their FA Cup success, but is not keen on hanging around at the DW Stadium to experience life in the second tier.
With Wigan’s former manager Roberto Martinez having left for Everton, Kone has been linked with a switch to Goodison Park, but the Ivorian also said he was keen on a move to newly-promoted Crystal Palace.
Kone, who says he has been the subject of several enquiries, wants the offer to be right for Wigan, though.
Kone told The Sun: “You always have ambitions as a footballer, and I don’t intend to play in the English second division.asreported byIndo Eleven.
“Wigan have gone down, which is a real shame. It’s up to them to set out their stance about my situation. I aim to play for one of the best clubs in England, and I hope I will get the chance.
“I’ve had plenty of approaches. I can’t reveal the names of the clubs.
“But Crystal Palace have gone up, and from the moment a club is in the Premier League that is good for me.
Source : www.indo11.com

Unknown said...

Nainggolan: Southampton are my last choice
Agen Bola indo11.com reported, Cagliari midfielder Radja Nainggolan has revealed that Southampton want to sign him, but the Premier League club are his “last choice”.
The 25-year-old impressed for the Serie A outfit last season, making 34 of a possible 38 league appearances in midfield.
The Belgium international has reportedly attracted the interest of Inter and Napoli, but is not ruling out the prospect of staying at Cagliari.
Southampton have also offered him big money to lure him to England, but Nainggolan appears happy to pursue other options before deciding whether to accept the offer from Mauricio Pochettino’s side.
“I still remain focused for training, because we haven’t entered the transfer window yet, so I cannot talk much about it,” Nainggolan told asreported byIndo Eleven.
“I’m still a Cagliari player, whether I will stay or not depends on the club’s vision for the future. If Cagliari have a good plan for my career, of course I will stay.
“The situation is uncertain and everything can happen but I have to consider my future career as well.
“Honestly, Southampton gave me the biggest offer at the moment among the other clubs but I don’t play football for money. My priority is looking for a brighter future for my career and Southampton is my last choice.
“We will see later, it’s no problem for me to move to England for the sake of my career.”
Nainggolan also revealed that he nearly signed for Juventus last year, and that he would love to play for Barcelona at one stage of his career.
Source : www.indo11.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...