Friday, March 29, 2013

Last Vacation Post (I promise) / Lahaina, Hawaii

Whew.

Here we go. The very last piece of paradise. 

This was all Jeff. He would be so sad if I didn't give him credit for this beaut.
After Jeff's company trip, which lasted Tuesday - Sunday, we decided we were going to stay a few more days and leave on Wednesday. It was my spring break so we figured....why not?

I am so glad we did. Just the two of us with no schedule at all. The only thing we had to worry about was what to eat. Pretty tough life it was.

We ended up leaving the resort we were currently on and heading over to another in Lahaina. It was the Marriott Destination Club. Or something like that.




View from our room.
120.285% recommend it.

I would go back in one single heartbeat. It was extremely family friendly and had a ton of little pools, for adults, for kids, and the longest stretch of a beach, ever.

I would go into all the details but that's boring and the main parts we enjoyed were the lawn chairs and starbucks. It was pretty much our daily routine.

Wake up whenever we pleased > get starbucks > layout until we were too hot to stand it any longer



It was sort of like a dream. But real life. And we saw a TON of whales. I mean a ton. Everywhere. I am kicking myself for not going on a whale watch and seeing them up close. I guess I'll have to go back now. Bummer.

Aside from just hanging back and being totally relaxed and lazy, we did take a road trip one day around the island. One of my favorite parts of the trip to Lahaina.

We really didn't have any plans other than to just....drive. We wanted to see what the beaches were like around the island and hopefully stumble onto something awesome.

We saw surfers, gorgeous beaches, bright blue waters, and an unbelievable scenery. We even creeped into someone's back yard to get some pictures. Worth it. And I was kind of wondering what in the world they do in order to afford that.














We had to end the road trip when we came across a one way road little the size of our car. If you even thought about getting close to the edge, your life was officially over. We decided we wanted to live past that day.

We spent the rest of the time eating gobs of seafood and hanging out in Lahaina's downtown, which was pretty poppin'. Actually, really poppin'. There were a ton of people and a lot of cute little seaside shops.








I cannot even fathom what it would be like to eat dinner on a "night out" with this view....whenever you wanted. It's just...stupid awesome. Unbelievable.

Sadly, we had to go home at some point. Forced, of course.

We had to be at the airport by 11 to drop of the rental car and our flight didn't leave until 4:50 on Wednesday. Therefore, we glad hung out in the airport "restaurant". The wildest part was leaving on Wednesday at 4:50 PM and not getting home until Thursday at 11:00 AM. Tired....was an understatement.

We pretty much slept the entire day and it took us a good four days to catch up on life. Oh who am I kidding, I still haven't caught up.

But I have to say this was a trip of a lifetime. One that has convinced me to continue to come back and relive it all over again. So proud of my husband for making this dream come true.

Now who wants to go back with me?!

4 comments:

Becky said...

I'll come back with you!!! In a heartbeat! Amazing pictures!! Glad it was GREAT trip :)

Sierra said...

I am officially missing Hawaii. I haven't been in in a while and all of your pictures are gorgeous! Glad you had such a wonderful time.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE reading/hearing about others hawai'i experiences -- so glad you were able to have the trip of your lifetime -- and I hope you get to go back often!! :)

Kristin said...

I wannna go back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...