Tuesday, March 12, 2013

who am I?

It has been quite some time since I've posted about me and who the heck I am.

I've been seeing a lot of new friends come this way (hhhhey) so I thought I'd tell you all some things about me you may know and some things you have no idea about.

I always love hearing about other bloggers and their lives, interests, so maybe one or two of you will relate to me and who I am. Or maybe you all will now just think I'm a nut job. Who knows.



To sum up my life story all sorts of fast like (as fast as I can)....here we go.

I was born and raised in a small town in Kansas. I grew up in a very close knit family of two brothers, and miniature schnauzers. We lived a simple life and traveled quite frequently. We didn't play video games, but we did play sports outside at all times. I mean, we practically had a baseball field in our front yard. Mud baseball? Oh yeah.

 I went to a Catholic School for 8 years (my favorite years), and then went on to the life of a high school student. Most of my high school days I spent playing sports, trying to be cool, chasing after a senior, and then dating my brother's friend. Both were big mistakes. But boy did I learn a lot

My college days were spent having fun. A LOT of fun. This is when my obsession and love for KU sports really began, when I lived on the same block as where they played. My freshman year was spent  half crying from missing home, and half living it up with my roommates and dorm friends. The year of wiping x's off our hands and the year of making our closet doors "ping-pong - you catch my drift" tables.


I met Jeff my sophomore year. I calmed down, a lot. Things started to change from here on out and I began to figure out who I even was. And on Saturday nights, we still had fun. Double whiskey sprite fun. That is the year I also crowd surfed after a big win and lost my truck keys. Oh, how I miss that truck.


I am the girl who loves to live in my nike sweats and tees, but has a million dresses in my closet. And has about just as much tennis shoes, as I do high heels. I can't curl my hair without it looking like a hot mess, and I rarely switch my makeup because I know nothing about what to get. However, what I've had for years seems to still be working for me.

I am impatient. Very impatient. People who drive the speed limit make me have heart attacks. One of my lovely qualities I'm working on. But on the other hand, I love to love. If I care about something, you bet I am in 110%.

I would rather be at the lake, than anywhere in the world. Or anywhere outdoors for that matter. I want kids, but not yet. Sometimes I find myself dreaming, but then my dog wakes me up at 5:00 am and I  am quickly reminded it is not our time.

I am a teacher by day and wife by night. I am recently married and as crazy and tacky as it sounds, somehow he manages to make me fall more in love with him. Marriage is a wild and crazy thing.

So right now I'm just enjoying where I'm at and trying really hard to not grow up. It's working out prettttty nicely.

Now....tell me about YOU.

11 comments:

Becky said...

aww it was fun getting to know more about you! my boyfriend was friends with my brother first but things for is have worked really well :)

Laura Darling said...

Love love love this. I also did the whole closet door "ping pong table" thing! :)

Dara @ Not In Jersey said...

I grew up with a mini schnauzer too. I now have a scottish terrier. and I live in kansas. :)

Maggie said...

Love the "getting to know you" type posts! Video games didn't have much of a place in my childhood either. Falling out of trees and off bikes did though...I was a clumsy child :)

Thankfully the biggest dating mistakes happen in the teenage years! That's where they should in my opinion. Gotta learn what you want/don't want somehow!

Amber said...

You sound like a doll! Well, you ARE a doll ;) I love reading posts that allow me to get to know my fave bloggers better.

I'm with you on the impatience. My worst quality, I'm sure of it.

P.S. How do you make your images look so pretty with all that font stuff? :)

Kristin said...

Great post! Fun reading about you :)

Ashley said...

I love posts like this-- it's great getting to know the person behind the post :) I've probably told you this before, but we have tons in common, girl! I'll probably get impatient with the "publish" button if it takes too long in a minute... ;)

Amanda said...

I knew all of this about you already, but I love re-reading about you :) When are you coming back EAST?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!? Baseball season is going to be back in full swing soon! PUN ABSOLUTELY INTENDED.

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog recently. Loved reading about your wedding and seeing all the photos!

A couple of things about me: I'm a vegetarian. I love to bake. I'm an photographer with a full time day job. I have a black lab/basenji mix named Katie and I feel naked if I don't have book with me at all times.

Nice to meet you!

Dixie Bell Designs said...

nice to learn more about you! haha i also turned doors into ping pong like tables in college!!

Perfectly Jenn said...

You are the cutest thing ever! Loved reading this and getting to know you more. I love your story (what you've shared with us)!

You are beautiful, inside and out and I'm happy to call you a blog friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...