Sunday, December 9, 2012

tis the season

To give credit where credit is due, sir husband came up with that lovely creative title.  I asked him what to write about because well my brain farts are way too common these days. He answers, "chili".

He does make some bomb chili. He made it tonight and I chugged about 4 glasses of water while scarfing it down. Sweet and spicy...ow la la. Delish. Anyway, I asked him if he had the recipe and he said no.

Therefore, you get no chef Jeff chili recipe. And he noted he couldn't share his secrets anyway. Sorry. He won't even tell me. Bah humbug.



Moving on....

I'll stick with his theme but tis the season for more things than just chili.

More like tis the season for people to be completely NUTSO on Saturday shopping at Hobby Lobby. Everywhere I turned I was smacking people with my cart saying "sorry", "excuse me", "whoops". I got so tired of saying sorry I just had to leave.

 I didn't leave empty handed though of couuuuurse. I grabbed some clothespins, spray paint, ribbon, and a tree topper. 50% Christmas stuff is just dangerous. I could have spent my entire pay check in there. Danger danger.


It is also tis the season for putting up our Christmas tree and Christmas parties.

We had my work Christmas party this weekend and somehow this morning I was feeling like death. I think someone roofied me. Kidding kidding, but hello headache. And somehow I ALWAYS seem to leave holiday parties with alcohol. Last week at Jeff's we got three bottles of wine. Last night we got two bottles of wine and mini crown and vodka bottles. I'm not complaining.


Tis the season for KU basketball. This needs no explaining. I am so in love with my Jayhawks. McLemore? Serious skillllllz. #23 is where it's at.

Til the season for learning that buying your husband Christmas presents isn't an easy task without him finding out. Therefore, I  guess he gets none. Kidding, but really...how in the world do you do that? He is the sneaky one, not me.

Tis the season for deals upon deals. And boy I LOVE me some deals. I literally try not to pay anything full price. I think it's bonkers. Unless it's target, then I will reconsider.

 And someone please tell me wine bottle sweaters are not the cutest thing ever. Seriously?! You can find the one above here for 7.99.

3 comments:

MonicaLeeBlog said...

I wish Kyle would be creative & help me come up with titles & things to blog about! When I ask him he usually just says something obnoxious that I cant even be creative with to blog about haha But yummm Chili sounds so good! And how do you always end up leaving with bottles of wine? I need to go to those kind of parties! haha Christmas sales are always sooo dangerous! Go you for not spending your entire pay check lol

Kristin said...

loving your tree! how do you get the red ribbon to be spirled like that?

Amanda said...

Absolutely love how festive it is in your house! :) I wish we had the space for a big tree this year, but oh well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...