Wednesday, December 19, 2012

tragedy and blessings

Over the past few days I have been on a roller coaster of emotions.

What happened on Friday rocked me to the core. It was a big and ugly rude awakening I wasn't prepared to handle or come to face with. There is so much evil in this world it is scary. Sad. And just upsetting.

I don't want to talk much on my feelings on the matter but I for some reason felt like posting. Maybe I'll delete it, I'm not sure.

One thing I know about the entire tragedy is that it is brought me closer to the Lord. It has made me call out to him. Pray to him. Question why. Ask for peace and hope in this crazy place. Beg for him to save us. It has taught me that He is who we need.

The other thing that it is taught me is patience with my kids at school. It is getting close to Christmas and they are....well, wild as you can imagine waiting for Santa to appear at their homes. It has made me step a huge step back and just be thankful for them, for their differences, for their laughter, and for their pure innocence and love.

I keep praying for those affected on Friday. I just hope that all of the nations prayers somehow help their hearts heal. Somehow let them know that everything someday will be okay. And I hope they have peace in knowing their babies are in the best hands they could ever imagine.

It just makes me sick to my stomach. It makes me sad. It mostly makes me angry. I hope this has opened our eyes. Made us thank the Lord for our blessings we may take advantage of. And to teach us to just hold on to each other. Tight.

I hope we all turn this tragedy into a time to count our blessings and pray for those who have lost a loved one. And pray they someday, somehow can have a normal life again. And until then....I am going to be thankful for my "normal" life, "normal" problems, and "normal" schedule. Because they may never have that again.


3 comments:

Amanda said...

I believe these situations that happen can be used for both good and bad. We can learn from them & realize what's important in life and allow God to remind us what life is about; or we can become bitter, hateful, & seek revenge, etc. Situations like these really put into perspective & magnify what is important in life. Thanks for sharing your heart :) I can't imagine how you felt as a teacher that day. I'm sure you're a blessing to your sweet babies at work!
Thank You for all you do :)
XO

Katie {katie lately} said...

So true, being thankful for our "normals" because those familes won't have that again :( breaks my heart. thanks for sharing your heart pretty girl

Stacey said...

I just saw your post on google +. What a great post! I am a teacher as well and that is exactly what I was feeling, asking the Lord to help me just love on my students, even as crazy as they were getting. My heart was so broken over this, praying for peace for these families.
Stacey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...