Monday, December 31, 2012

my little word for 2013

This year instead of making a new year's resolution (which I have never ever ever ever ever really accomplished) I decided to choose a word to live by for 2013.

I am pretty sure this is the first year I haven't said my goal was to work out and eat healthy. Well that obviously doesn't turn out too well for me so I will just skip it and hope I acquire that skill when I realize I have to get into a bikini in a couple months for our trip to Hawaii.

Moving on...

My word is GIVE.


This is in more than the category of material things. Way more. However, I do want to give little gifts to people to show them appreciation, love, thankfulness, etc. I am really good at thinking of nice things to do but really bad at actually doing them. Truth. I'm what you like to call a...procrastinator. A really awesome one in fact.

What I really want to give more of is my time to the right places and to the right people.

So many times I find myself focusing my time on things that are just not worth focusing on. I am definitely not talking about pinterest. Now that, is worth it. Just maybe not hours upon hours of it. I need to focus on my husband and not always worry about seeing the newest instagram photo or tweet.

Guilty as charged on that one.

I also want to give time for myself. To make myself mentally and physically happy and healthy. Let's all hope this means getting my lazy bum into the gym and sweating it out. Oh gee I hoooope. If not, well I guess all the work out clothes I got for Christmas will make me feel like I am.

Most importantly I want to give to the one who made me. The one who knows me best. And the one who I give the least time to.  As sad as that is to admit. I am going to make it a priority to read that pretty little aqua Bible of mine and listen. Learn. And grow. I really don't want the most important book in the world to be the only one I never read. What excuse could I ever give for that? Yikes.

I want to give a little more to this here little space. I have been so caught up in all the changes going on over here that at night I am either grading 500 million papers or passed out. I never feel like I have the energy or the passion for it when my eyes are drifting off and stacks of papers are calling my name. I miss writing. I miss you people. And I miss sharing my story.

So here goes nothing on my little ol' 2013 word.

I'm going to GIVE it all I've got.

over and out friends

9 comments:

Brooke said...

That is a beautiful post! I will be doing the same this year as well!


Happy New Year!


Brooke

LWLH said...

Wonderful post and a love the word and the meaning for you and the new year. I hope to give some myself.

KRISTIN said...

what a GREAT resolution!!! happy new year!

C Mae said...

What happened to your other layout!!?! LOL Change your mind?

Raquel said...

I love the idea of having a word for the year!! Great word too!

Nikki said...

I LOVE this post! I hope your New Year is amazing! You have had a great year in 2012 and I am sure 2013 is gonna be amazing for you!

Janet said...

I love your word and it has such meaning. Please let me know how I can support you!!! My beautiful niece you have such a giving hear!

Kristin said...

Love this!!

Amanda said...

Perfect word for the year. I think my word for the year is going to be "be" :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...