Tuesday, February 19, 2013

my 24 hour trip to Texas


One. This past weekend we (Jeff, his mom, and I) decided to venture on down to the great state of Texas. This was a first for me. We were driving down to visit a woman who helped take care of Jeff when he was little. He never told her he was coming, so this surprise was one of the best I'd ever seen.

Two. Texas sure can rock the sunsets. Among many other things.

Three. This, my friends, is the oh so sweet Bea. I took a video when Jeff walked into the room and totally screwed it up because I was smiling so much and ended it on accident. She not only said it was a miracle, she said it made her whole life. Sweetest 93 year old woman I've ever met. And hil.ar.i.ous.  She loved the words "nit wits" and "ding-dongs".  So so glad we went. And so glad my husband has a heart of gold.

Four. Piper traveled with us. A whole other experience it in itself was. We thought we could easily leave her in her cage in the hotel while we went to eat the first night we got there. Wrong. She cried. and cried. and cried. We figured she had stopped since she only does it for a second when we leave. Well, she got a lovely complaint from someone on our floor and therefore we no longer could go eat and were left in the hotel room for the night. Reason 1 why I'm not ready for kids. ;)

Five. Pappadeaux. Enough said. First crawfish I've ever had, and definitely NOT the last. MmmMmm.

Six. Mugs across America has begun. I'm trying to collect coffee cups from each state I travel to. However, I've already been to more than half so...I may have to just go visit them again :)

Seven. On the way home we stopped in Norman, OK so we could check out the OU campus. I love love loved it. And so did Piper as she left a little present on their lawn. 

Eight. The sky was seriously perfect, as was the weather on the way home. I couldn't pass up a picture of it.

Nine. Piper was so tired on the way home she decided to drink my coffee to get hyped up again. Kidding, but she really did try to keep drinking it. That dog for some reason always wants coffee and beer. She must be my child. 

All in all it was a great short trip and I cannot wait to keep traveling around the US of A. Next stop, Hawaii. Bow chicka ow owww. I'm trying to get my tan on and body on to get ready!

ps. thank you from the bottom of my little heart to all of you who commented on my post yesterday and made me feel like I was not alone. reason 43095840598 why I love you all. thank you thank you thank you for having my back.




4 comments:

Meg O. said...

Bea sounds like an amazing little lady! Glad you had such a fun short trip!

Corie said...

That sounds like such a fun trip! I 105% agree with you that ever since getting a puppy we've realized that we are no where near ready for kids! We have a 5 year rule and I don't see us ever breaking that haha T & I collect shot glasses from everywhere we go that we hope to display on our bar someday ;) When are you going to Hawaii?!

tara said...

next time, come to HOUSTON! kthanksbye.

Hannah said...

I love the sunsets in Texas! They are some of the prettiest I have ever seen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...