Tuesday, February 12, 2013

the joys of conferences

Okay. Conferences. Parent/teacher conferences if you are wondering. Wowee.

I'm kind of curious how parents feel about them. Any input by you all? Because if they are half as terrified as me, I will feel better in life. Parents for some reason just make me all sorts of nervous. Maybe because I know I have their child's life in my hands and I want to make sure I don't screw it up too bad.

I get all tongue tied and forget to say half of the things I planned to say. Probably making myself sound like a total fruit loop. And in one conference today I literally starting tearing up talking about a student I adored. The parent seriously probably thought I was nuts.

I had no pictures, so this is what you get. Life is good....other than conference days :)

I guess that's what happens after 8 hours of teaching and then three hours of conferences.

Speaking of teaching. Tomorrow is lent. This year I decided to give up pop. I have been a little more friendly with pop lately and considered drinking a lovely gallon of diet coke to get ready for the next 40 days. I thought about coffee too, and then realized I'd literally die. I am talking death here.

Anyway,  I just wanted to stop in because (this is going to sound really bad) husband is watching the state of the union and Obama talk and well, after listening to people all day it's just kind of hard to listen right now. I have my left ear open, don't worry. I just heard minimum wage is increasing to 9 bucks. If only I could rewind!

How is everyone?!

Have a lovely FAT TUESDAY. Speaking of, I got all fatted up with pizza, girl scout cookies, and chips. I think that is what you call a successful fat tuesday.


1 comment:

Hannah said...

Oh, I parent/teacher conferences make me so nervous too! I never know what to say to the parents, and then half of what I wanted to say I don't. I'm just glad they aren't a daily occurrence!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...