Thursday, February 28, 2013

our wedding (the details - part 1)


It has been a coons age since I've talked about our wedding. Which is kind of odd to me because I have been missing it like crazy. Thinking of anyway I could possibly have another wedding....with the same guy. Hmmm, renew our vows? Is a year too soon? Dang...

Today I just wanted to share some of the small details throughout the day that made it all come together and show a little bit of who we are. And why they were brought into our day.

The little details were some of the most fun to me. The most fun to see play out, that is. At first they were a pain in my you know what because there were so darn many of them. And now looking back, those are what mean the very most to look at in the pictures. Thank God for pictures btw. Ya know?

I'll let the pictures do most of the talking with a little explaining. I mean, I'd way rather look at the pictures than listen to me.






These mason jars were given to us by Jeff's mother. We used them on our head table to drink out of during dinner and the reception. I have loved these little guys from the moment I saw them. Something about mason jars...



This beautiful rosary was given to me from my Grandma J. I will treasure this until forever and ever and ever. 


This penny was given to me by my mom for "good luck". I think it is the luckiest penny I've ever owned. And along with it is the handkerchief I gave to my momma. It's self explanatory. She is my very best friend. My rock. And I owe that woman my whole life.


It's funny how even the mints have a story. We spent all day with my moms friend making these little boogers. And half the day eating them. They were delicious and I loved being a part of making them. Even thought most of those you see with the balls not centered are probably mine. 



Template created by my best fran. And those darn paddles took about 500 bazillion hours to make. We cut, we glued, we painted, we tied. For hours. upon hours. upon hours. And during that time, we also made a video to Call Me Maybe.  Success.


These pew balls. Gosh that name is just so lovely sounding isn't it. These were personally made by my Aunt Diana. I cannot even tell you how much everyone in my family helped with the wedding. Every little single detail of it. How special these are to see. The memories just keep flooding back to me.


Groomsmen gift. Office putter that looked like it was in a briefcase. Pretty legit if I don't say so myself.




I was totally head over heels in love with our cake. Head.over.heels.



I seriously cannot believe I married a Yankees fan. This cake was pretty incredible though. I mean, you could eat the sand! It was also a surprise to Jeff. He thought it was going to be a plain ol' Jayhawk. Little did he know. Now that, folks, is love. Jayhawks are way cooler.



Because we are a team, and that's how we ROLL.



These champagne flutes were given to us by my Aunt Janet. Seriously are those not the most adorable things you've ever seen? They also matched our cake knife which was also given by my Aunt Janet & Diana.




If anyone has any ideas how to redo your wedding all over again with it not costing the same amount and having all of the same people there...HOLLER! I am having withdraws.

13 comments:

Becky said...

Your wedding recaps have been so fun! I would wanna do it all over again if I were you too - so many sweet details!! The handkerchief for your mom is precious and a great idea - I'll be putting that idea in my back pocket ;)

Sam said...

It has been a year and I am still having wedding withdraws! When will it end! Loved all of your details! The koozies are too cute!

Carolyn said...

So pretty! Wedding details are my favorite part! :)

lori said...

your cake is PERFECTION... it is sooo pretty!!

Jenna Thurn said...

I love all the little details. James' grooms cake was similar... only Green Bay Packers! Love the yankees :)

KRISTIN said...

Your cake is AMAZING!!! Once you figure out the Free-Wedding-Repeat, let me know because I would LOVE to do mine again! :)

Ashley Barnhill said...

Homemade mints?! Impressive! LOVED both cakes!!

Sara Hinton said...

Your wedding was beautiful! I'm your newest follower. :)
-Sara @ The Hinton Hook-Up

Kristin said...

I love the hanger, the cake was amazing!! and so was his cake!!

Amber said...

Oh my goodness, that's the most gorgeous cake EVER!! love the koozies too, great favor!

Mrs. H said...

Your wedding was stunning! And you're cake was amazing. In.love.

Unknown said...

Such cute pictures. Looks like a great day. We are getting close to a year and it is hard to believe this time last year I was spending all my free time making wedding crafts. I miss it too! Did you have withdraw symptoms on your honeymoon?

Unknown said...

Renewing your vows and having another wedding is certainly going to be a treat. Others usually do it on their 10th anniversary or after a memorable event in their married life. Instead, how about inviting your loved ones on your 1st anniversary dinner and watch your wedding video? That would certainly cost less but still memorable! =)

Regards,
Lavonne Seaton

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...