Monday, February 25, 2013

weekend getaway (KU basketball + reliving the college days)

HAPPY MONDAY!

It is a happy Monday for me because technically it's not even Monday. It's pretty much fake Monday since we have yet again, another snow day.

I am not complaining about them until we have to make them up in May when it's actually warm out and I could be getting myself a nice tan.

This past weekend we ventured out of the house and headed to our home away from home....away from home. Lawrence, KS of course. We went to watch our favorite Jayhawks play against TCU with some friends from Jeff's work.


I must say we got some payback on TCU for beating us and it felt pretty dang good. Plus, Lawrence never disappoints. Even though yesterday was payback for all of the lovely drinks I decided to consume pretending like I was in college again.


On Friday, I drove Piper down to near my hometown to meet my mom and let Piper have a puppy vacation with the grandparents as we would be gone all weekend. You guys it is ridiculous how much we miss that little furry girl of ours. However, since the weather is supposed to get bad we have no idea when we will be able to go get here. Insert heart breaking here.

she seriously slept on my lap most of the way to meet my mom. dangerous? maybe. adorable? of course
Thank goodness for FaceTime and for having some pretty awesome grandparents. Piper is probably going to never want to come join us boring folks.

Happy Monday and hopefully you get to hang out in your sweats all day like me :)


5 comments:

rachel said...

Yay for another snow day!
And for hanging out in sweats...that always makes my day better :)

And the jayhawk collar...ADORABLE :)

Sam said...

I love pretending to still be in college but HATE being reminded that I can't drink like I used to!

Jennie said...

I love going to visit my old college! So many wonderful memories!

Becky said...

One of my roommates is staying for grad school so my other roommate and I are already planning on visiting her every weekend and pretending like we still go here :) I bet Piper had a great time but will be even more excited to see her favorite people!! :)

Ashley Barnhill said...

Just found your blog thru the link up and love it - newest follower! I love that your little fur baby laid in your lap in the car. Mine are always trying to crawl into my lap and I spent the whole time telling them to stay in their seat, ha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...