Tuesday, June 18, 2013

healthy is hard

On June 3rd I made a leap that I have made a million times before. I made a commitment to myself that I would change my bad habits and work on transitioning them into good habits.

If you have followed me since I started this blog, you would know I have said this about three or four times. I have stated that I was "over" feeling tired all of the time and was ready to get in shape and feel better.

And over and over and over again I have started it, only to fail a week or so later. Only to realize how lazy I was and that I could not do it. My heart never really wanted it bad enough I guess.


So on June 3rd I convinced myself once again that I needed to seriously make some changes. I had no more excuses of being tired from work and the daily stresses I had before.

I wasn't going to force myself to eat 100% clean. I wasn't going to make myself work out every day for an hour. I wasn't going to set my goals clear out of sight just to let myself fail once again.

I made a goal to myself to start with thirty days of some transitions. I knew I wasn't going to be perfect and I didn't even put that kind of pressure on myself. I just wanted to change my way of thinking about health. So I started with drinking boat loads of water and eating as clean as I knew how.


The weekends were just free for all. I tried to do something fun on the weekends for exercise and not think too hard about it. I just wanted to feel good. Good in all aspects. Feel good on the outside, inside, between sides, all over just....good.

It has taken me a concsious effort to keep myself going. I have wanted to just lay on the couch so many freaking times and skip "one day". But I KNOW "one day" leads in one week, one month, one year. I know how that goes.


So as I am going into the third week, I feel good about the small little mind changes I have made. Even though I do pee about 500 times a day, I am proud of knowing I have made some small accomplishment. But I will also say it's been really hard for me. But for once....I am overcoming hard.


I set up a facebook page for when I reach 30 days of my "transition" I will post. I have been writing on it every since I started. This is what has me going now. Knowing that I will feel like I reached some type of goal I actually worked my buns off for.

And hopefully my buns will actually have some proof to them. :)

Cheers to that. Whoopity whoop whoop!



4 comments:

Camille said...

I'm so happy to hear that I'm not the only one with this problem. I have such a hard time getting into a good routine that actually makes a difference. Good luck!

Erica said...

Aww super exciting! I think I need to do my plan like you. Thanks for sharing.

Corie said...

So happy for you! It's all about setting reasonable goals!

Nikki said...

This is exciting! Take control of you life and your health! Great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...