Monday, June 17, 2013

No Shoes Nation + Dad's Day

What can get better than a weekend with not only the best family in the universe, but also Eli Young Band, Eric Church, and Kenny Chesney?!

We were cross country travelers this weekend and drove a total of nine hours to go to back home on Friday, a wedding Saturday, concert Saturday night, back to our hometown Sunday afternoon, and back to our casa Sunday night. Whew.

It was well worth the miles. 

After the wedding on Saturday, Jeff, my little brother, and I all trucked on to Kansas City to meet some friends and watch Kenny C and his crew play at Arrowhead Stadium. And by trucked I mean drove two and a half hours in the pouring down rain.




Is it just me or will you go to any and all lengths to make sure your hours of doing your hair did not go to absolute waste? 

Yeah, well this buckle bag on my head helped me a.) not look like a nasty wet dog and b.) saved (kind of) my straight hair. If water would have touched those brown locks, it would have been a hot afro mess going on. 

Thankfully we had seats that were covered so while half of the stadium was getting soaked, we were enjoying our nice cold drinks.



It's always crazy to me how many walks of life come to concerts. All shapes and sizes, that is for sure. 

We obviously had to end the night with some extra fried and greasy food. I am pretty sure a good night "out" is not complete without it. Or so I thought...until I woke up

We ended the trip with a little brunch on the plaza and a little shopping. Thankfully after a year of begging, pleading, asking, hinting, and wishing I got the MacBook I had been wanting. It is making itself very comfy in our home. You can't go wrong with anything Mac.


Last but not least by any means, we spent the rest of Sunday hanging out with my Dad and family for Father's Day. 

He definitely deserves not only a day, but weeks, months, or years to honor him being the best dad in the world. Not a day goes by I don't thank my lucky stars for him.


I hope you all had a good Father's Day weekend as well!

4 comments:

Becky said...

That sounds like a fun concert - I love all those artists! I'm looking into getting a Mac, I've always had a PC so I'm excited!!

Meg O. said...

Wow, what a whirlwind!! And yay new macbook! Mine is 7 years old and about to bite the dust so I think I will be getting another one soon.

Megan said...

Eric Church is AMAZING. I wanted to go to that concert but tickets were super expensive! I saw Eric Church back in September in Sioux City and it was an awesome show. I hope he comes back around this area soon!

And Kansas City is always a fun time!

Kristin said...

So glad to hear the concert was fun, I am going to see them in July :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...